Rangers boss Stuart McCall: Nobody will care how we won promotion...

The point is that should we gain promotion, no-one bar a few media detractors and never-contents will speak about that in a year's time, not to mention 5 years. Well, of course the locals in all those places where we played thus far in the lower leagues will remember the "mighty Rangers" visiting town/village, even more so if their clubs actually got a result. That though is usually all they will be able to talk about in years to come.

Rangers finishing third in the second division will be remembered for a long time, I can assure you of that.

Rangers finishing third in the second division will be remembered for a long time, I can assure you of that.

By you yes that will be true as you seem to see all the negative points. The positive supporters will shake themselves down and move on. if we buy Messi tomorrow you will pick out the negative points of his play. I don't think you can help it it is just the way you are.

The point is that should we gain promotion, no-one bar a few media detractors and never-contents will speak about that in a year's time, not to mention 5 years. Well, of course the locals in all those places where we played thus far in the lower leagues will remember the "mighty Rangers" visiting town/village, even more so if their clubs actually got a result. That though is usually all they will be able to talk about in years to come.

I for one won't forget the absolute turgid crap I've endured these last three years and this season in particular, ever.

Rangers' success, domestically in particular, is all that most of us have ever known, the fact that it was taken away from us these past few years will never be forgotten. We may not remember some dismal performances or the players who slipped up but I would think it a fairly hard time to forget.

Rangers' success, domestically in particular, is all that most of us have ever known, the fact that it was taken away from us these past few years will never be forgotten. We may not remember some dismal performances or the players who slipped up but I would think it a fairly hard time to forget.

That is beyond doubt. We won't forget that, we won't forget Whyte, HMRC, Green, Ashley and Co., SFA and SPL. What will go naturally* out of the system will be loads of turgid displays and games that are better forgotten. We will remember though that most of those were played by players that would otherwise hardly ever had featured for our club.

* Naturally? Yep, have a look at the games in here and say with an honest mind that you remember most of them, even those played after 2000 ...

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?11-Rangers-Downloads-and-Videos

More recently I e.g. saw that one again and was whipping myself that I forgot it ...

Edited by der Berliner