Law's Wedding Worries

deda61725f5b06391ad468700e3b6032_XL.jpg

NICKY Law could have an awkward flight to New York on June 1 if Rangers reach the play-off finals.

That is because there is the potential of a Rangers v Motherwell tie to determine next season’s Premiership line-up.

And Nicky’s brother Josh who plays for The Steelmen is also getting married days later with the Light Blue as his Best Man.

Motherwell are currently sitting second bottom of the top flight with six points separating them for Ross County in 10th.

Law said: “My brother is living with me until the end of the season so it would be the nightmare scenario.

“Not just for me playing against my brother but for me, the manager and Kenny [black] being up against our old club.

“People might say it is fate but we know ourselves there is a hell of a long way to go before it gets to that.

“We still have two really good sides to get through in this division first, Hibs and probably Queen of the South so there is a long way to go.

“The day after the 31st, if that is in fact when the final date is, we fly out to New York for his wedding so it will be interesting!

“One of us will be happy and the other not so but it would be difficult even though of course it would be interesting.

“I’ve only ever played against him in a pre-season friendly five or six-years ago so never in a proper game.

“He is playing right-back at the moment and the manager is sometimes using me down the left so the more I think about it does seems like fate that we do meet them but hopefully not.

“If it does come to that I have to do my job and my job is to help Rangers get back up to the top league and his it to keep his team in it.

“There is a huge amount at stake so we have to treat it with the upmost seriousness and I think at the moment we can only laugh and joke about it because it might not happen.

“But if it comes down to it then it is so important for both of our clubs and us so it would be difficult but you just have to do the job and be as professional as you can.

“My Dad manages down south so he doesn’t get up to the games and my Mum hates football so she definitely wouldn’t come.

“If it happens though my Dad would try to come and watch with my other two brothers - it would be difficult for not just myself and Josh but for the whole family.”

Rangers meet Falkirk tomorrow at Ibrox and the right result for Gers could end The Bairns outside chance of reaching the play-offs.

And Law has more than footballing reasons to want to win, the play-off dates could yet be moved if Peter Houston’s side are still in with a shout for fourth place due to their inclusion in the Scottish Cup Final.

He said: “We know if we win the game tomorrow or at least draw then the play-offs will stay on the original date so his wedding would be safe then!

“It will be a difficult game and getting into that final will have put them on a massive high.

“They know themselves that they can still sneak into the play-offs but we are playing well at the moment and are confident we can do the job.

“The crowd has been fantastic at Ibrox recently and it would be great to get a win in front of them in the last home league game of the season.

“We must go into the play-offs with some momentum so it’s important we win our next two games and stamp our authority on the league.”

Stuart McCall's men are entering a crucial point in the season and tomorrow is the last home League game of the season before the Championship playoffs. The Gers are chasing the second place spot and the backing of a blue and white army of fans and the Ibrox roar will make all the difference!

There are still tickets remaining and you can buy yours today online here (open 24 hours a day 7 days a week) or at the Ticket Centre at Ibrox right until kick off on Saturday at 3pm. The Ticket Centre is openfrom 9am until 6pm, Friday 24 from 9am until 5pm and matchday 9am until 5pm.

The Ticket Hotline - 0871 702 1972 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras) - is open 9am until 9pm all week.

Tickets are priced from £17 adults, £12 concessions and £5 juniors* - read more information here - and get right behind the team today!

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9139-laws-wedding-worries