Two Rangers fans appear in court...

...charged with setting off fireworks during Livingston match.

BOTH were released on bail on the condition that neither attend any football matches until legal proceedings have ended.

TWO Rangers fans have appeared in court charged with setting off fireworks during the game between the Ibrox side and Livingston on Wednesday.

Declan Muir, 16, and Fraser Laidlaw, 16, denied committing the alleged public disorder offences during the Scottish Championship match at the West Lothian club’s Almondvale Stadium.

The pair appeared from custody at Livingston Sheriff Court yesterday and both were released on bail.

They accepted special conditions that they don’t enter Livingston’s football ground or attend any football matches until legal proceedings against them have come to an end.

Muir, of Shottskirk Road, Shotts, Lanarkshire, denies culpably and recklessly lighting a pyrotechnic flare in a football stand and waving it, to the danger of spectators.

He also pled not guilty to charges of committing a breach of the peace by behaving in a disorderly manner and of being in possession of a controlled article at a sporting event.

Laidlaw, of Prestonfield, Milngavie, near Glasgow, pled not guilty to assaulting three police officers by throwing a firework at them. He also denies culpably and recklessly throwing a firework at the officers, to the danger of the constables and other people present, as well as a final charge of being in possession of a controlled article at a sporting event.

Trial for both the accused was set for September 8, with an intermediate diet on August 19.

The match finished 1-1, with Rangers equalising after their hosts had taken the lead in the second half.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/two-rangers-fans-appear-court-5534247

Declan Muir, ... he sure is an infiltrator! :fish: Will the stewards checking the people at the entrances have a case to answer too? Usually it is the home team and their stewards' job to keep the undesirables away. While they sure can't find everything, I take it they will have a case to answer nonetheless?

Still rather strange to see names, living places and even adresses splashed out in the media in Britain, long before any trial et al. You would have thought that the days of the pillory are gone by now (and for a few hundred years at that).

On another note, I did not notice any flares, there were a couple or more loud bangs to be heard via the microphones. Where those also fireworks?

There were flares at the start of the match, and several fireworks that were thrown from the stand out onto the trackside towards where the Police were stood filming/watching them. The fireworks were very loud bangs and I jumped out my skin a few times when they went off!!! The stupid wee boys were hiding behind a Union Bears banner and probably thought they would be safe within the crowd. Clearly the Police just waited until the game was done and nicked them on the way out.

UB have been warned many times over about this and continue to allow it from within their group of school-age children who are either members or groupies. I am happy that anyone setting off flares and fireworks will, if convicted, get football banning orders until they grow up. That should be enough punishment.

There were flares at the start of the match, and several fireworks that were thrown from the stand out onto the trackside towards where the Police were stood filming/watching them. The fireworks were very loud bangs and I jumped out my skin a few times when they went off!!! The stupid wee boys were hiding behind a Union Bears banner and probably thought they would be safe within the crowd. Clearly the Police just waited until the game was done and nicked them on the way out.

UB have been warned many times over about this and continue to allow it from within their group of school-age children who are either members or groupies. I am happy that anyone setting off flares and fireworks will, if convicted, get football banning orders until they grow up. That should be enough punishment.

I seriously wish this would stop, looks pathetic. It looks spectacular on the continent with a stadium full of people involved but with one ned doing it it looks embarrassing.