Keith Jackson: It's time Rangers supremo Dave King revealed his Ibrox masterplan

I agree with RAB most of the time and although, he, I, Bearman and a few others may be in a minority even a signifiicant minority on here does not make us wrong.

Nobody is forcing you to read RAB's posts or mine for that matter.

You backed leach and Lambias. It's hardly a wonder people just assume your wrong.

Especially as you simply refused to accept they were reducing revenue when it was patently obvious and being pointed out to you by qualified accountants.

Edited by the gunslinger

You backed leach and Lambias. It's hardly a wonder people just assume your wrong.

Especially as you simply refused to accept they were reducing revenue when it was patently obvious and being pointed out to you by qualified accountants.

A great deal of what we now know about Llambias e.g. the loan deals has been revealed post the AGM.

In my experience on here I find Rab to be on the button mostly,

Don't really want to get stuck into a forum member but I don't know how you can say that. I recall he "mostly" repeated (incredibly often) a mantra that Dave King did not have enough money to invest, would never invest and was only pretending to be interested in investing for his own gain. With what has transpired, I can't see how that's "on the button".

Lately, I find him frustrating as his new MO goes something like, "When will DK invest more money", for which he is answered, "When the share issue is organised". He then asks, "Why hasn't DK invested more money?" Answered by, "Because there hasn't been a share issue yet." He then asks, "When is DK going to invest his money?"

And also:

"When will DK become a director?"

"When he is passed the FAPP test."

"Why isn't DK the chairman yet?"

"Because he hasn't passed the FAPP test yet."

"Why hasn't he passed it yet?"

"Because the SPFL haven't done it yet."

"Why isn't DK chair yet?"

And so on...

Don't really want to get stuck into a forum member but I don't know how you can say that. I recall he "mostly" repeated (incredibly often) a mantra that Dave King did not have enough money to invest, would never invest and was only pretending to be interested in investing for his own gain. With what has transpired, I can't see how that's "on the button".

Lately, I find him frustrating as his new MO goes something like, "When will DK invest more money", for which he is answered, "When the share issue is organised". He then asks, "Why hasn't DK invested more money?" Answered by, "Because there hasn't been a share issue yet." He then asks, "When is DK going to invest his money?"

And also:

And so on...

Once DK becomes chairman and eventually invests whatever amount it is he(or one of his companies probably) has said they will then fine, I shall put my hands up and say I was proved wrong.

Your unyielding faith in this man astonishes me given his SARS convictions. Yes I know he's a Rangers man but I think there are times when I think you have to look beyond the fact that he is a Rangers supporter and see the bigger picture

And also:

And so on...

Sadly enough, very much up to the point. In a way, and no disrespect intended to either, he's as stubborn about his argument as gunslinger is about the Magpies' Five.

Once DK becomes chairman and eventually invests whatever amount it is he(or one of his companies probably) has said they will then fine, I shall put my hands up and say I was proved wrong.

Your unyielding faith in this man astonishes me given his SARS convictions. Yes I know he's a Rangers man but I think there are times when I think you have to look beyond the fact that he is a Rangers supporter and see the bigger picture

Dont put your ideas into other people. No-one will forget his SARS stuff, and why should they? What people say is wait and see, as various obstacles need to be cleared.

You will perhaps remember that me (and Frankie too) were one of his greatest critics, since he hoovered about since admin doing not much more than talk. It took him almost a year after getting his money unfreezed to join up with the 3Bs and oust the board. But now he's done it and put money where his mouth is. Not at the club itself, but by buying shares. The next move is nigh and we all sit strapped in and waiting for that. But we also see the reason why its not done with all guns blazing. The scene is set, the orchestra awaits, and we'll soon know whether he and the directors can dance. A few months back we did not even have a stage, not to mention an orchestra.

That's fair enough but you seem to be asking about why it hasn't happened yet, when the answers are obvious - there are certain events which have to happen first and they will take time that DK has not much control over.

Your unyielding faith in this man astonishes me given his SARS convictions.

I don't have unyielding faith in him and although he has those convictions, to me it doesn't make him stand out any differently in the slightest from any very wealthy businessman. I believe that those as successful as him that haven't such convictions have just been luckier.

However, the thing I have a fair bit of confidence in is that he is the best solution for Rangers at this moment in time, and without him we were in a much, much darker place with the previous puppet masters. The situation seems to me like we've been rescued by a police unit from evil kidnappers, and then some are going on about some of their less than perfect service records...

Yes I know he's a Rangers man but I think there are times when I think you have to look beyond the fact that he is a Rangers supporter and see the bigger picture

There really isn't much of a bigger picture beyond the carnage of those previously in charge of the club. We really didn't have any other options at this time. Even the other candidates that have stepped in and supported King, and those on the sidelines that possibly had the power to do something but didn't - have backed him verbally.

Our choice was DK or Ashley; DK wins by a million light years. And we've also rid ourselves from a guy who actually did time.

But at the moment it's like the dice are in the middle of rolling and you're repeatedly asking why they haven't stopped and shown a certain number combination. The current answer has nothing to do with the outcome but instead having to explain Newton mechanics of collisions of two moving bodies in a gravitational field. Or in plain English: the dice are still rolling and we can't know the answer until they stop.

As DB says, DK has had criticism on here about his timing - although for me we have to be careful about that as he is much more adept at this than us. It could be like an armchair viewer (a long time ago) criticising Steve Ovette for staying in third place for a long time before making his move - or maybe about the timing of the likes of Cavendish for something more current.

Although business is more like a poker game, and it's folly to tell a top player how to play his cards, even if he loses a big pot.

Playing the game to win is not that easy. I've just experienced buying a used car and that's hard enough. Now I'm beating myself up as to whether getting £500 off the (reduced) sticker price is ok or pretty useless. I found that very stressful, but the stakes here for DK have been much higher, as has been the personal investment of time and effort.

So DK might not be the best guy in the world to take us on, but he's definitely the best guy in the world we have right now. But even if you disagree, criticising and questioning him for not doing things before it's even possible still seems a bit of a waste of time.