If he is a Premier League standard player then all it confirms is that that league is over rated. He has flashes of hollywood passes and shows a bit of skill at times but overall is not exactly a world beater.

His goal just showed good awareness and a good hit....I never see how long range hits are classed as great goals, its something you can do in the park and more shows good awareness of the game than skill. Arsenals 3rd yesterday beats it for me.

If he is a Premier League standard player then all it confirms is that that league is over rated. He has flashes of hollywood passes and shows a bit of skill at times but overall is not exactly a world beater.

His goal just showed good awareness and a good hit....I never see how long range hits are classed as great goals, its something you can do in the park and more shows good awareness of the game than skill. Arsenals 3rd yesterday beats it for me.

Arsenal's third was a wondeful goal, a thing of beauty.

The premiership is definitely very overrated. I highly doubt Adam would command a regular start for mid table teams in La Liga or the Bundesliga. I agree that I don't see anything particularly special about this goal. There isn't any real technique like you would see from a volley for example.

I remember Diego getting a load of praise for scoring a goal from his own half for Werder Bremen. Didn't really understand the hype though, it was essentially just a long punt forward with the keeper nowhere near his goal.

When I think of great English goals I think of ones like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvl1lqUeowQ

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Charlie Adam's been a Premiership standard player for 5 seasons, credit where credit is due.

And while that is a universe away from Scottish football, plenty poor and mediocre players ply their trade in that league. Gary Caldwell was a captain there and Lee McCulloch played regularly too.

The premiership is definitely very overrated. I highly doubt Adam would command a regular start for mid table teams in La Liga or the Bundesliga. I agree that I don't see anything particularly special about this goal. There isn't any real technique like you would see from a volley for example.

I remember Diego getting a load of praise for scoring a goal from his own half for Werder Bremen. Didn't really understand the hype though, it was essentially just a long punt forward with the keeper nowhere near his goal.

When I think of great English goals I think of ones like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvl1lqUeowQ

Agree, thats 3 goals that blow Adam' strike away.

If you go back Ginola and Kinkladze had better goals and there is probably 100 more.

And while that is a universe away from Scottish football, plenty poor and mediocre players ply their trade in that league. Gary Caldwell was a captain there and Lee McCulloch played regularly too.

Yes I agree but not every MF player in that League is a Gerrard, Lampard or even Darren Fletcher.

My point was simply that he has held down a place in teams at that level for 5 seasons in 3 different clubs so he can't be that bad. He didn't always look out of place at Liverpool either.

I don't see anything particularly special about this goal. There isn't any real technique like you would see from a volley for example.

If football was so simple we would see goals like that every week. Courtois is easily the best keeper (imo) in the premiership and Adam foxed him. Definitely full of technique in my book.

Edit: Pele tried it in 1970 and missed the target

Edited by Bearman

Yes I agree but not every MF player in that League is a Gerrard, Lampard or even Darren Fletcher.

My point was simply that he has held down a place in teams at that level for 5 seasons in 3 different clubs so he can't be that bad. He didn't always look out of place at Liverpool either.

Did he not have the most assists in his season at Liverpool?