You just beat me to it Bearman.

I don't normally watch MoTD, can't stand seeing how good it is compared to the dross we have to watch, but I'm glad I tuned in tonight.

Some wonderful goals from Arsenal, excellent analysis by Shearer.

A fantastic strike by Bobby Zamora with the outside of the left foot on the run down the right wing and than THAT strike by Mr Mars bar himself.

He said he had been looking at the goalkeeper throughout the match, saw him off the line and hit it oh so sweetly from just outside the centre circle in his own half of the field; apparently measured at 66 yards. That apart, in the short highlights, I didn't see him touch the ball. Typical Charlie.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I watched the game today and the co-commentator (whoever he was) mentioned that Adam was tired and couldn't run, long before he scored that goal. I think he was having a dig at the player being unfit without actually saying it.

When that goal went in the guy said "he was probably too tired to run with it so he had a shot at goal"

I think the fact that Adam is unfit probably helped him in looking for some other option. In fairness to Charlie. it paid off for him.

Adam was/is a luxury player who needs 'workers' beside him to do the spadework he doesnt do.That's OK in a team not at the top level that Adam has played for such as St Midden, Blackpool or Stoke.

At clubs such as Rangers & Liverpool that doesnt work.

I watch MOtD and they had a poll tonight on "WHICH IS THE BEST LONG-RANGE GOAL?"

They showed Beckham's, Alonso's, Rooney's and Figueroa's along of course with Charlie's.

Charlie won with 44% of the vote.

What the f*ck are the other 56% on about????

He's at a level way above where we are and wont be back any time soon but in terms of the premiership I don't think he's great. He had an excellent season with Blackpool in that league but hasn't stood out since. Stoke aren't a great side.

Any player capable of playing regular football at that level should have been sticking out like a sore thumb in Scotland though but due to poor management he was generally woeful.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy