Rangers Fans Fighting Fund

RANGERS Director John Gilligan represented the new Board at a meeting at Ibrox today with members of the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund.

The Fighting Fund was launched in 2012 by Ibrox legends Walter Smith and Sandy Jardine during administration to raise funds to help protect the Club’s future.

John Gilligan said: “I had a very productive meeting with the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund earlier today and I look forward to meeting with them over the coming months to explore areas in which we can work together.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8903-rangers-fans-fighting-fund

It should go to creditors of the Oldco

I would only agree with that if it was hand picked, deserving, small creditors. None of it should go to the likes of HMRC or Ticketus, or anyone who tried to swindle us.

However, while it seems an anathema to have the money sitting there doing nothing, it could be perhaps put in trust where it earns interest and is ready to fight possible future detrimental owners with an expiration date where it is spent on something worthy.

You have to hope that we're now on the road to full recovery and will never fall into hostile hands again, while increasing fan ownership and aiming for over 50%. The thing about the money is that while it's a significant amount, it should eventually be a drop in the ocean compared to the club finances and so if spent needs to be targeted on small, deserving fan projects, where it could make an impact. The likes of buying shares in the new offer, could perhaps be a waste.

people put money in to help rangers. the oldco creditors were conned by whyte they are his problem and responsibility.

I don't really disagree with that, but I do have empathy for the small, local businesses that legitimately provided necessary goods or services in a professional manner in good faith, and who will never see the money that they are due. That is especially relevant to those that struggle to take the hit.

I would only agree with that if it was hand picked, deserving, small creditors. None of it should go to the likes of HMRC or Ticketus, or anyone who tried to swindle us.

However, while it seems an anathema to have the money sitting there doing nothing, it could be perhaps put in trust where it earns interest and is ready to fight possible future detrimental owners with an expiration date where it is spent on something worthy.

You have to hope that we're now on the road to full recovery and will never fall into hostile hands again, while increasing fan ownership and aiming for over 50%. The thing about the money is that while it's a significant amount, it should eventually be a drop in the ocean compared to the club finances and so if spent needs to be targeted on small, deserving fan projects, where it could make an impact. The likes of buying shares in the new offer, could perhaps be a waste.

HMRC are just as entitled to claim money back as any other creditor, ignoring the BTC etc. because that's another story. I don't think Ticketus should get anything they've pursued Whyte and won so up to them to sort that out.

I thought with the liquidators getting £20mil back from Collyer Bristow the oldco was in credit?

Anyway regardless whether they are or not, i don't think they should receive any of the RFFF. Better we use it for something tangible, so the support point to something and say " i help pay for that" maybe towards Ibrox refurbishment?