Well done to SoS/RST/UoF and all of us who made it happen

The Green days are gone, I've been unequivocal on the regime's performance for some time now

7/1/15

I wouldn't shed any tears if the board went, problem is I also want Houston and the rest of his wankers to go with them.

You're unequivocal. Just at those trying to save us instead of destroy us.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Trolling? Not at all, I've always given my honest opinion. I don't believe things have always been awful from the moment Green took over, I don't believe that every single board member has necessarily been bad, plenty will disagree and by all means we can go over these sort of debates again but I don't see the point personally. I've been united with pretty much every Rangers fan in being against this regime since Ashley started to take the piss and I've been in favour of King ousting the board from the moment he called the EGM.

We've all thought and done what we believe is right, ultimately I'm hoping we can get back to what we're meant to do and be united supporting the team rather than sniping at each other and declaring how one set of fans are better than another.

Revisionist codswallop, you were happy to attack the SOS and any fan who you saw as 'enemies of the state'

The State being, Ashley and any puppet he put in place, to run the club into the ground, So he could give us emergency loans in return for the clubs assets.

You turn my stomach STB, you hadn't the courage or the moral fibre to follow follow what was right and proper for the clubs wellbeing.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

While I agree all the supporters groups have been fantastic I think Greg and The SOS deserve a wee special mention as they stepped up from nowhere and seemed to take a leading role in the whole process.

That said I am totally grateful to all the groups for doing their part. a huge pat on the back.

While I agree all the supporters groups have been fantastic I think Craig and The SOS deserve a wee special mention as they stepped up from nowhere and seemed to take a leading role in the whole process.

That said I am totally grateful to all the groups for doing their part. a huge pat on the back.

Greg fa? :)

Edited by pete

Ashley started to take the piss years ago and I don't know where it is you've been united with fans and against the board but it wasn't on here.

Still want the boycotters banned from ibrox?

I've never claimed to be an innocent when it comes to fan bickering, none of us are perfect. I've barely been coming on here for months, but I can dig out posts from elsewhere if need be. I've even managed to get myself accused of being a King lover by someone throughout all this believe it or not.

It's interesting the different language people use on here compared to their accounts elsewhere.

There's no doubt in my mind that the fan groups have played a huge part in recent events - from keeping supporters informed about the nefarious activities of a variety of people, to exposing the lies of others, to helping facilitate the purchase of millions of shares and voting right consolidation. To say it still would have happened without them now it's happened is laughable.

My thanks go to the Trust, RF, SoS and the RFB - all of whom have been responsible in ensuring we're on the cusp of having our club back in friendly hands. Yes, that doesn't mean we automatically bow down in front of King or any other director or, indeed, the fan groups - just that we acknowledge the future should be better than of late.

Some will deny that of course but they are a very small minority and we shouldn't allow them to hinder our progress in moving forward.

I don't mind being addressed directly you know Frankie. Reason people will use different language on here is because they will be following the rules set out for this forum, I'd assume that's what you want. I have personal reasons for disliking some individuals without it necessarily being related to protests against the regime.

I don't have a problem with people being given credit if it's balanced because I believe every single Rangers fan deserves credit. We've all been through hell these last few years, we've all thought and done what we believe is best for the club, we've all in our own way kept the club alive because our future has been at great risk, and we've all said enough is enough the last few weeks. What I'm uncomfortable with is over the top praise for some sections which seems like a subtle way of saying some are much better than others. All 'sides' can be accused of that so I'm not having a go at anyone in particular or claiming to be an angel myself, but we can't go on in perpetual factions and calling out each other for this and that, ultimately football fans are meant to have the main purpose of supporting the team together.

My point in this thread is that the board have largely hung themselves, certainly in the more recent months anyway. It didn't take a secret reveal to show what a farce Somers made of the AGM, it didn't take a secret reveal for the fans to unite in outrage against Ibrox nearly being mortgaged because the board themselves announced that, it didn't take a secret reveal to show that PR has been non-existent and the likes of Llambias haven't even been trying to win over the support, it didn't take a secret reveal to show that Ashley hasn't even attempted to speak out and express any sort of future plans for the club, it didn't take a secret reveal for people to know Llambias and Leach were Ashley's men even when it was being officially denied they were. We could go on, but I'm actually trying to credit our support with intelligence and I don't see any conceivable way this board were going to last, since Wallace and Nash went it's been one disaster after another. One thing you can say about Green is that he at least attempted to win people over however insincere it may have been, there's been nothing like that lately. By all means we can give the groups credit but I've no doubt many have reached their own conclusions regardless and we all have a key role to play going forward.

While there is scepticism of Kingco out there I don't think I've come across a Rangers fan anywhere including online the last few weeks who thinks that we've got a better future with the present regime.

7/1/15

You're unequivocal. Just at those trying to save us instead of destroy us.

Where is the board being even slightly defended in that? That was even before they tried to use Ibrox as collateral which was absolutely over the limit for me. You didn't use to be all that keen on fan groups yourself once if I remember correct.

Revisionist codswallop, you were happy to attack the SOS and any fan who you saw as 'enemies of the state'

The State being, Ashley and any puppet he put in place, to run the club into the ground, So he could give us emergency loans in return for the clubs assets.

You turn my stomach STB, you hadn't the courage or the moral fibre to follow follow what was right and proper for the clubs wellbeing.

I was happy to attack what I thought was harming the club such as boycott campaigns, that was out of genuine fear that it would harm Rangers, even if my tone wasn't always the best it was never agenda driven. I still don't think boycotts have particularly helped but recently I've had a very close family member talking about chucking it if Llambias, Easdale etc remained in place so that goes beyond forum arguments.

The concept that Ashley has been behind everything is only relatively recent. You'll struggle to find me supporting him, his loans or his placemen. At the very first I was willing to reserve judgement and see what impact having a billionaire and a former Premier League MD would have but it quickly became clear what route it was going down regardless of Ashley's wealth.

If you're referring to Charles Green as his placeman then fair enough but I think Ashley's initial interest was sponsorship deals, getting involved in the boardroom running has been fairly new. I had my reasons for liking Green such as the money he raised, I'm not going to hide away from that but he's not been directly involved in running us for nearly two years so my opinions have evolved since, even if as some think he's still been running things from the background.

Whatever you believe the club's wellbeing has always been my only concern, I've got no motive for it to be anything else. I'd never claim to have always been right either, and I would like to think this is a new beginning for all of us.

For the past few years, those in control of the club have been actively trying to deceive the support, so I don't think there's much to be gained by pointing the finger at those who were taken in. TBPH, I fell for Green's bluster at first, and I suppose some folk find it harder than me to reassess which side of an argument they should be on or admit that they've made the wrong call.

But we can't, on the one hand, lament the factionalised nature of our support, and then proceed to bear grudges against certain groups for their judgement during the fog of misinformation deliberately put out there by PR men and spin doctors.

I say forgive and forget - anyone willing to get behind rebuilding the club under a new regime is 100% welcome back into the fold as far as I'm concerned.

Let's remember who the real enemy is here.

Edited by Thinker

What I'm uncomfortable with is over the top praise for some sections which seems like a subtle way of saying some are much better than others.

It really isn't. It's not a case that some are better than others but that some have contributed a lot more and put in a lot more effort than others.

I'm happy to acknowledge that there's many who have done a lot more than I have in bringing around this change and don't see what the problem with that is.

My point in this thread is that the board have largely hung themselves, certainly in the more recent months anyway. It didn't take a secret reveal to show what a farce Somers made of the AGM, it didn't take a secret reveal for the fans to unite in outrage against Ibrox nearly being mortgaged because the board themselves announced that, it didn't take a secret reveal to show that PR has been non-existent and the likes of Llambias haven't even been trying to win over the support, it didn't take a secret reveal to show that Ashley hasn't even attempted to speak out and express any sort of future plans for the club, it didn't take a secret reveal for people to know Llambias and Leach were Ashley's men even when it was being officially denied they were. We could go on, but I'm actually trying to credit our support with intelligence and I don't see any conceivable way this board were going to last, since Wallace and Nash went it's been one disaster after another.

It's been one disaster after another even before Wallace and Nash went. I think that you don't seem to see that is part of the issue.

By all means we can give the groups credit but I've no doubt many have reached their own conclusions regardless

But they hadn't previously so I'm not sure that they necessarily would have if the pressure hadn't been ramped up.

While there is scepticism of Kingco out there I don't think I've come across a Rangers fan anywhere including online the last few weeks who thinks that we've got a better future with the present regime.

Nothing wrong with healthy scepticism and it's up to them to earn trust.

I was happy to attack what I thought was harming the club such as boycott campaigns, that was out of genuine fear that it would harm Rangers, even if my tone wasn't always the best it was never agenda driven. I still don't think boycotts have particularly helped but recently I've had a very close family member talking about chucking it if Llambias, Easdale etc remained in place so that goes beyond forum arguments.

I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the boycotts either but I'm in the same boat as your close family member.

I would like to think this is a new beginning for all of us.

Agreed. It's important that we do move forward positively.

For the past few years, those in control of the club have been actively trying to deceive the support, so I don't think there's much to be gained by pointing the finger at those who were taken in. TBPH, I fell for Green's bluster at first, and I suppose some folk find it harder than me to reassess which side of an argument they should be on or admit that they've made the wrong call.

But we can't, on the one hand, lament the factionalised nature of our support, and then proceed to bear grudges against certain groups for their judgement during the fog of misinformation deliberately put out there by PR men and spin doctors.

I say forgive and forget - anyone willing to get behind rebuilding the club under a new regime is 100% welcome back into the fold as far as I'm concerned.

Post of the Day :thup:

We should have one of those truth commissions like they had in South Africa, where people could confess their sins for all to hear.

I remember Dr. Paisley quoting the good book

you must repent your sins before you can be forgiven

You make a good few points, a lot were taking in by Green's bluster obviously hoping he was the real deal. You are also correct about who the real enemy is. But I for one would never trust any fan or group who backed Llambias & Leach right up to a couple of days ago and maybe still do, especially those who seem to get involved with umpteen groups over the last period.