Fernando Ricksen slams ex-wife over cash claims in new book

'Will this terrible woman ever stop? Must I die first?': Fernando Ricksen slams ex-wife over cash claims in new book

06:38, 13 February 2015

By Steve Goodman

THE former Rangers hero's ex-wife Graciela L'Ami is due to launch an explosive book in which she accuses him of failing to provide for her financially.

RANGERS legend Fernando Ricksen has revealed his torment at waging a legal battle with his ex-wife and accused her of publishing lies about him.

The former Ibrox star, 38, who is suffering from motor neurone disease, split with ex Graciela L’Ami in 2010 , and now lives with Russian wife Veronika.

Graciela is due to launch an explosive book next month in which she accuses the former Holland midfielder of failing to provide for her financially .

But Ricksen said: “When will this woman stop? Do I have to die first? I’ve barely heard from her since my MND was diagnosed.

“I hardly mentioned her in my biography, Fighting Spirit.

“Ever since she learned my diagnosis she has done all she could to drag out the court case and cause me and my family unnecessary stress.

“She’s postponed hearings, tried to have assets seized, posted negative comments on Twitter and sent anonymous emails to the papers.

“As this hasn’t had the desired effect, she’s now going a step further by publishing a book full of lies to blacken my name.

“I haven’t bought my new wife a car for £75,000, as she claims, and I don’t have the millions she says I have.

“The reason for this is that they have been stolen – by this terrible woman.

“It’s annoying that my family and I have to expend energy on this crazy person that we need for my battle against MND.”

Graciela has hit back, claiming her book is reality.

She said: “Fernando is clearly afraid of the truth.

“I had to put up with everything from him for 15 years and I have finally had enough.

“Fernando refused to provide information about our joint bank accounts, even before he got ill.

“He said he’d spent all the money. He is full of contradictions. I don’t want to destroy him. I’ve made several offers to settle the matter but Fernando has done nothing.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/will-terrible-woman-ever-stop-5155286

'Will this terrible woman ever stop? Must I die first?': Fernando Ricksen slams ex-wife over cash claims in new book

06:38, 13 February 2015

By Steve Goodman

THE former Rangers hero's ex-wife Graciela L'Ami is due to launch an explosive book in which she accuses him of failing to provide for her financially.

RANGERS legend Fernando Ricksen has revealed his torment at waging a legal battle with his ex-wife and accused her of publishing lies about him.

The former Ibrox star, 38, who is suffering from motor neurone disease, split with ex Graciela L’Ami in 2010 , and now lives with Russian wife Veronika.

Graciela is due to launch an explosive book next month in which she accuses the former Holland midfielder of failing to provide for her financially .

But Ricksen said: “When will this woman stop? Do I have to die first? I’ve barely heard from her since my MND was diagnosed.

“I hardly mentioned her in my biography, Fighting Spirit.

“Ever since she learned my diagnosis she has done all she could to drag out the court case and cause me and my family unnecessary stress.

“She’s postponed hearings, tried to have assets seized, posted negative comments on Twitter and sent anonymous emails to the papers.

“As this hasn’t had the desired effect, she’s now going a step further by publishing a book full of lies to blacken my name.

“I haven’t bought my new wife a car for £75,000, as she claims, and I don’t have the millions she says I have.

“The reason for this is that they have been stolen – by this terrible woman.

“It’s annoying that my family and I have to expend energy on this crazy person that we need for my battle against MND.”

Graciela has hit back, claiming her book is reality.

She said: “Fernando is clearly afraid of the truth.

“I had to put up with everything from him for 15 years and I have finally had enough.

“Fernando refused to provide information about our joint bank accounts, even before he got ill.

“He said he’d spent all the money. He is full of contradictions. I don’t want to destroy him. I’ve made several offers to settle the matter but Fernando has done nothing.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/will-terrible-woman-ever-stop-5155286

I have said on here a few times his ex was trying to suck all his money from under him. whether she is right or he is right i have no idea. I do know he was a bit of an idiot in his younger years and as they say "hell has no fury like a woman scorned."

I have said on here a few times his ex was trying to suck all his money from under him. whether she is right or he is right i have no idea. I do know he was a bit of an idiot in his younger years and as they say "hell has no fury like a woman scorned."

Yeah, it sounds like there are faults on both sides.

His daughter should get everything.

His wife will have right to his fortune for the time they were married and rightly so. It also all depends on his marriage agreement and indeed if he did financially mistreat her when they were together. It would be crazy if a wife built up a life with a person while he was making his fortune, taking the good with the bad and then see all the money going to the kids. No chance of that happening in Dutch law in the 20th century.

His wife will have right to his fortune for the time they were married and rightly so. It also all depends on his marriage agreement and indeed if he did financially mistreat her when they were together. It would be crazy if a wife built up a life with a person while he was making his fortune, taking the good with the bad and then see all the money going to the kids. No chance of that happening in Dutch law in the 20th century.

I'm sure she got her fair share of designer shoes when they were married. They aren't now. By all means share out what he earned WHEN they were married, houses, cars etc.

Whatever he earns after they divorced she should not be entitled to a penny. It should all go to his daughter.

All IMO of course.

I'm sure she got her fair share of designer shoes when they were married. They aren't now. By all means share out what he earned WHEN they were married, houses, cars etc.

Whatever he earns after they divorced she should not be entitled to a penny. It should all go to his daughter.

All IMO of course.

His daughter will never be a part of the equation unless it is put into a will before he is married. In Holland you marry for 50% of all that is built up during the marriage unless it is put in a legal document signed by both parties before the marriage. Kids are not in the equation here. If I die my wife will inherit everything unless I make a will leaving my 50% to my kids. In most cases the kids will eventually inherit from the mother although that also would depend if she gets married again. In that case she would need to get it legally documented that the money she has before her new marriage remains to be hers. Fernando's new wife will also have right to 50% of all that he owns unless he has it legally documented otherwise. If he has a book keeping from St Petersburg that leaves 400.000 unanswered for then his ex has a right to claim the half of it.

His daughter will never be a part of the equation unless it is put into a will before he is married. In Holland you marry for 50% of all that is built up during the marriage unless it is put in a legal document signed by both parties before the marriage. Kids are not in the equation here. If I die my wife will inherit everything unless I make a will leaving my 50% to my kids. In most cases the kids will eventually inherit from the mother although that also would depend if she gets married again. In that case she would need to get it legally documented that the money she has before her new marriage remains to be hers. Fernando's new wife will also have right to 50% of all that he owns unless he has it legally documented otherwise. If he has a book keeping from St Petersburg that leaves 400.000 unanswered for then his ex has a right to claim the half of it.

Thanks Pete.

It would have been easier if I ended my comments with "I know the law will state otherwise" :-)

Thanks Pete.

It would have been easier if I ended my comments with "I know the law will state otherwise" :-)

It was funnily enough on the news here yesterday that more and more people are rejecting an inheritance through the fear that the inheritance will be debt instead of a nice nest egg. My kids be warned.

Edited by pete