Kevin Raring To Go

Something had to be done otherwise we'd no chance of promotion

We all know something had to be done, and that something was to appoint a manager to bring some fresh ideas, coaching, tactics and a general lift to things. Bringing us 5 injured duds from Ashleys other rape victim does nothing to improve us, as seen on Sunday, and coming soon to a league game near you.

The pragmatic in me says: loaning five players essentially for free cannot be bad in our position, when we have no money (or people) to even look for freebies. At least in January. These people all play in departments who need fresh faces and for one reason or another, the youngsters we have simply do not get a chance whatsoever. Said youngsters will be utterly frustrated by now, but can very well lay that blame not on Ashley or the loanies' doorstep, but McCoist's and McDowall's.

We all know something had to be done, and that something was to appoint a manager to bring some fresh ideas, coaching, tactics and a general lift to things. Bringing us 5 injured duds from Ashleys other rape victim does nothing to improve us, as seen on Sunday, and coming soon to a league game near you.

I don't agree with your assessment of the Newcastle players on Sunday. Vuckic, even lacking match fitness, was prepared to attack the Raith defence on the right, the left and through the middle, that's something we haven't had for quite some time. I enjoyed watching him play. Aird should be doing it but has failed to develop. Templeton can do it but never wants to release the ball and is obviously out of favour. The nearest comparable player is Shiels but he also seems to be out of favour. Streete looked very comfortable at the back and made one terrific tackle in midfield to stop a breakaway. I'd like to see him alongside McGregor.

We have to reserve judgement on Ferguson and Bigirimana until we see them play. Mbabau does not appear to offer us anything except perhaps an alternative at RB.

It is far from ideal that 2 of the players arrived injured and 2 more have now succumbed but if we are paying nothing or next to nothing and ultimately they help us to get promoted I don't see the downside.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

No idea what Mbabu will be like, but cutting off those daft dreadlocks would be a good start before he even kicks a ball.

Bigirimana is reported to be the best of the bunch though, so I'm quite looking forward to seeing him in action.

No idea what Mbabu will be like, but cutting off those daft dreadlocks would be a good start before he even kicks a ball.

Can just imagine Bill Struth or Scot Symon's reaction, he wouldn't have got near the training ground never mind the dressing room. Mind you same might have applied to Prso!

The pragmatic in me says: loaning five players essentially for free cannot be bad in our position, when we have no money (or people) to even look for freebies. At least in January. These people all play in departments who need fresh faces and for one reason or another, the youngsters we have simply do not get a chance whatsoever. Said youngsters will be utterly frustrated by now, but can very well lay that blame not on Ashley or the loanies' doorstep, but McCoist's and McDowall's.

There is no evidence that these players are for free. It was hinted at in an article written by a pro-board journo, so cannot be taken as accurate. The weight of evidence in Ashley's reign so far is that we get nothing for free and pay over the odds for everything, so my guess is we are paying full wages plus a loan fee. I can no more prove this theory than anyone can prove we have these guys for free.

I don't agree with your assessment of the Newcastle players on Sunday. Vuckic, even lacking match fitness, was prepared to attack the Raith defence on the right, the left and through the middle, that's something we haven't had for quite some time. I enjoyed watching him play. Aird should be doing it but has failed to develop. Templeton can do it but never wants to release the ball and is obviously out of favour. The nearest comparable player is Shiels but he also seems to be out of favour. Streete looked very comfortable at the back and made one terrific tackle in midfield to stop a breakaway. I'd like to see him alongside McGregor.

We have to reserve judgement on Ferguson and Bigirimana until we see them play. Mbabau does not appear to offer us anything except perhaps an alternative at RB.

It is far from ideal that 2 of the players arrived injured and 2 more have now succumbed but if we are paying nothing or next to nothing and ultimately they help us to get promoted I don't see the downside.

While Vuckic looked ok, he looked far from fit. We also changed our entire midfield formation to fit him in, something we have never done to help Aird, Temps, Shiels or anyone else. We played a diamond on Sunday with Hutton in front of the defence (what defence i know!) Black & Law in the middle and Vuckic in a number 10 pivot role. When he got involved he looked keen, but was on the edge of the game for long spells, which might be expected in his first competitive game in who knows how long, but far from a ready to play players that a loanee would usually be.

As for the others, 2 are out mid-long term, and is nearly fit, and one didnt even manage a half a game. I stand by my assessment of 5 injured duds, as on Sunday that is the only adjectives that could be used.