Kevin Raring To Go

KEVIN MBABU is still a couple of weeks away from full fitness but he's already thinking about playing at Ibrox and stepping out in front of the biggest crowd he'll ever have played in front of.

The 19-year-old Swiss defender started life as a loan Rangers player on Monday when he arrived at Murray Park for the first time. He has been working with the club's physios this week and hopes to get back to full training on Monday.

Mbabu spoke to RangersTV this week and explained that he's excited to play at Ibrox in front of so many fans. He said, "I know this is a big club and I have seen them a while ago when they were playing in the Champions League.

"Rangers are a really big club in Scotland but also in Europe as well so I am really looking forward to playing in front of the fans at a stadium like Ibrox.

"I have never played in a game in front of that many fans before, but I'm looking forward to. The biggest game I've ever played in was in front of a thousand fans, so I might be a little bit surprised when I play at Ibrox for the first time."

Fellow loan player from Newcastle Haris Vuckic played his first game for the club at Ibrox on Sunday and commented that he thought the game was a bit more aggressive in Scotland than the had been used to whilst at the Magbies.

When asked if he was prepared for the physical aspects of the game across the border, Mbabu was optimistic, "I don't think I will be surprised if the football in Scotland is a little bit more aggressive than in England because that's how I like to play football.

"I'm aggressive and tough when I play and I think that I can adapt to a new team well. I think that I can offer something to the team when I am fit. I can bring my pace and I like to get forward and get crosses into the box from the right side and that'll help the team score goals that will help the team get promoted.

"I didn't get a chance to speak to any other players who had been up to Scotland before I joined because it all happened so quickly. I got the offer on the Sunday night before the transfer window closed and everything was done within 24 hours."

When this article was first published there was a paragraph about how he'd had three injuries last season as well as the current one and had only ever played one first team game for Servette as a 66th-minute substitute more than 2 years ago and none for Newcastle. Someone obviously thought that might not sound very good.

Just the type of player we need. :facepalm:

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Through no fault of their own, these lads just leave me feeling sad.

It has to be said that sending us Mbabu doesn't look good.

Streete looked the part but may well have been carrying an injury too, the signal went to the bench very quickly when he went down.

Vuckic is definitely good enough at this level and probably also the SPFL, he'll pick up sharpness and match fitness as he's guaranteed a game.

By all accounts Bigirimana has the best pedigree so hopefully he can spark up our midfield.

Ferguson has good international experience so hopefully he can do us a turn on the left.

RANGERSRAB, I believe you were telling us how all 5 had played at much higher standards previously?

Of the five Mbabu was the only one I hadnt heard of. However he is a RB and not exactly a position we're strong in at the moment.

The other four should walk into our team at present but like T4C seems to be suggesting their fitness seems to be a big concern.

Why sign players on loan if theyre injured?

Of the five Mbabu was the only one I hadnt heard of. However he is a RB and not exactly a position we're strong in at the moment.

The other four should walk into our team at present but like T4C seems to be suggesting their fitness seems to be a big concern.

Why sign players on loan if theyre injured?

Did we have a choice ?

It has to be said that sending us Mbabu doesn't look good.

Streete looked the part but may well have been carrying an injury too, the signal went to the bench very quickly when he went down.

Vuckic is definitely good enough at this level and probably also the SPFL, he'll pick up sharpness and match fitness as he's guaranteed a game.

By all accounts Bigirimana has the best pedigree so hopefully he can spark up our midfield.

Ferguson has good international experience so hopefully he can do us a turn on the left.

I don't want crumbs from Newcastles table.