Ally's not bothered by Ashley changes at Rangers

ALLY McCOIST insists it is business as usual at Rangers after the latest round of off-field comings and goings at Ibrox.

The Gers manager saw chief executive Graham Wallace leave the club last month as Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley made his grab for power of the Light Blues.

Earlier finance director Philip Nash had also headed out of Ibrox as the billionaire English businessman started to pull the strings after agreeing to give the under-fire board a £2million loan.

And this week former Newcastle MD Derek Llambias, one of Ashley's closest allies, joined the Rangers set-up as a non-executive director.

Club chairman David Somers is leading the search for a new chief executive and he is now also McCoist's main point of contact.

The Gers gaffer said: "I've been dealing with the chairman for the last couple of weeks now.

"He has been up to see me on a far more regular basis. I saw him at the Cowdenbeath game on Tuesday then I spoke to him on Wednesday.

"He is actively pursuing a chief executive and that hasn't changed."

Asked if the situtaion at the club was any more stable, McCoist replied: "It's not less stabilised.

"It is what it is and it's fine. It's very much business as usual for the playing and coaching staff, as it has been all season. We're concentrating on our games and trying to get results."

With Wallace and Nash gone and Llambias now in place at Ibrox, Ashley has grabbed effective control of Rangers.

Supporters remain wary of his motives for increasing his shareholding and influence.

The SFA are awaiting a response from the club and Ashley as they also seek answers.

When McCoist was asked if he had spoken to Ashley yet, he replied: "I haven't, no. I have no real need to.

"I am available at all times to shareholders and board members. If anyone wants to speak to me that's no problem at all."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/allys-not-bothered-by-ashley-changes-at-rangers-187764n.25803241

Thanks, Ian. It's hard to see this ending well. I've a feeling Ally and Ashley may never speak because Ally is not the only one thinking "I have no real need to".

Cashley doesn't speak to Ally,no chance he will entertain the fans board!

I think there's a real danger that Ashley just keeps us at arms length while pocketing as many blue pounds as he can from the retail deals and free advertising.

We're not likely to be hearing about him spending a lot more time in Glasgow any time soon.

I think there's a real danger that Ashley just keeps us at arms length while pocketing as many blue pounds as he can from the retail deals and free advertising.

We're not likely to be hearing about him spending a lot more time in Glasgow any time soon.

You have to consider 'Ashely' as a 'multi-layered animal', of which the individual is the man at the top who will use other paid and delegated layers to interact with the club and it's supporters.

You have to consider 'Ashely' as a 'multi-layered animal', of which the individual is the man at the top who will use other paid and delegated layers to interact with the club and it's supporters.

Yes, and that is both inevitable and understandable given all his other interests. However, the steer given by him to those delegated layers, although brief, will be pointed and not to be trifled with. I'd love to know what it is.

Actually I fear I do, but I'd love to know either to be sure or to be relieved.