Were the applications sent to the NC directly, or via the club?

I am honestly not sure, the applications were submitted on-line by visiting fansboard.rangers.co.uk, so I guess you could say that they went via the Club but I do not know if they were passed electronically or otherwise to the NC. I see where you're coming from on this but I would suggest that if they had been "filtered" let's say, there are a couple of people at least who would have been filtered out. Also there was one person apparently who was "approved" by the NC who had to be asked to stand down by the Club because he had a commercial relationship with them. It was put to me (because believe it or not I do ask these difficult questions) that if there had been any filtering then that person's application would not have reached the Nomination Committee.

I am honestly not sure, the applications were submitted on-line by visiting fansboard.rangers.co.uk, so I guess you could say that they went via the Club but I do not know if they were passed electronically or otherwise to the NC. I see where you're coming from on this but I would suggest that if they had been "filtered" let's say, there are a couple of people at least who would have been filtered out. Also there was one person apparently who was "approved" by the NC who had to be asked to stand down by the Club because he had a commercial relationship with them. It was put to me (because believe it or not I do ask these difficult questions) that if there had been any filtering then that person's application would not have reached the Nomination Committee.

I would suggest that making something as obvious as that wouldn't be the type of silly mistake that would be made by an experienced PR strategist. :whistle:

The idea of trying to limit communication to certain groups/people and streamlining it towards an initiative setup by the the corrupt board is one of the worst ideas I have ever read. BH says anyone is entitled to raise issues to this group but who is to say they can be trusted to pass it on.

Someone really needs to get off their high horse.

The idea of trying to limit communication to certain groups/people and streamlining it towards an initiative setup by the the corrupt board is one of the worst ideas I have ever read. BH says anyone is entitled to raise issues to this group but who is to say they can be trusted to pass it on.

Someone really needs to get off their high horse.

I can only speak for myself but I have answered or raised every point that has been put to me so far and duly slaughtered for some of them.

That's a good question. As things stand at the moment, I attend all the away games that I get a ticket for (other than if I'm on holiday for example) and I do not get priority.

That is actually a good thing (though not for you personally) to not get tickets to all away games.

In fact, I would suggest that if you were getting tickets for all away games that you should, on occasion, refuse the ticket - seems counter-intuitive - but you just know that if you got tickets to all away games then it would be perceived that you were getting an unfair prioritization for away game tickets. Perception is reality and all that.

That is actually a good thing (though not for you personally) to not get tickets to all away games.

In fact, I would suggest that if you were getting tickets for all away games that you should, on occasion, refuse the ticket - seems counter-intuitive - but you just know that if you got tickets to all away games then it would be perceived that you were getting an unfair prioritization for away game tickets. Perception is reality and all that.

I notice someone on another forum suggesting BH asked for a blazer, company phone and all away tickets free as part of his position.

Surely they could have thrown in a club car as well? :whistle:

For me the biggest disappointment is that it looks like an elitist agenda. BH will no doubt disagree. But suggesting the Club only deal with elected bodies is alienating an awful lot of fans. Has it even been considered that many fans simply don't WANT representation and believe that they should be able to communicate with the Club themselves ? Do we all really need representatives for everything ?

I can assure you that as a Member of the Arsenal Club too that I can communicate with Arsenal on whatever issue I have and I am also guaranteed a response within less than two days.

People shouldn't feel obliged to have to use an elected body to make their questions known. In fact, it is inefficient when you consider that an individual has to go through a "middleman" (RFB) to ask the same question that could, and should, be answered by someone within the club.

The Club should have someone in communications and with a separate email account that all supporter questions could be filtered through (with our Club it could take more than one person right enough....) - why is there a need to have to go through an elected body ?

Effectively the RFB are taking questions and simply forwarding on - so why bother being the middleman ?

It isn't rocket science.

I notice someone on another forum suggesting BH asked for a blazer, company phone and all away tickets free as part of his position.

Executive box too ?

Did he get a 100% bonus though and a housing allowance ? :P

Don't need a car; they always send a chauffeur.

Did they forget the tie; as well as the pre, half time (Cowdenbeath Cheeseburger and Mars bar) and after match hospitality?