Ally McCoist has called for unity at Ibrox

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has called for unity at the troubled club after former chairman Alastair Johnston claimed supporters had been let down by the Ibrox board.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, Johnston, who left oldco Rangers in May 2011 - nine months before it went into administration and a year prior to it being consigned to liquidation - said: “It’s just been a horrible experience for the fans, they’ve been let down.

"I think they’ve been lied to, they’ve been cheated, and made statements to fans that have proved to be untrue or they’ve been deceitful.

"You see situations that the only way to clear it up might be administration again. I can see why the fans are concerned about that.

"Time is not on Rangers side at this point. Those that have some ability to get it done should at least understand they have to make some concession – take a loss and get out.”

Thousands of Rangers supporters are boycotting home games as they continue their attempts to starve out the current board as it struggles to keep the club running as a going concern.

Earlier this month Rangers raised just over £3m through a share issue - almost £1m shy of the target set - after the Ibrox board had warned it may not be able to pay creditors.

This came shortly after Rangers agreed an out-of-court settlement with former commercial director Imran Ahmad, who had been suing the club for breach of contract.

Ahmad had been keen to 'ring fence' £620,000 of Rangers' money ahead of his appeal but settled for 'substantially less' when coming to an agreement with his former employers.

But speaking to the assembled media ahead of Saturday's trip to Alloa Athletic, McCoist said: "We want the team to be supported by as many people as possible.

"As I have said on many, many occasions the supporters, particularly in the last three years, have been absolutely fantastic in terms of saving our football club.

"But I do appreciate they have concerns. I think it would be wrong for me to get involved with any issues they have with other people but all I can ask them, from the team's point of view, is to give us their continued support.

"That's all we can ask for and we'll certainly be doing, as I say, our level best to give them results on the park.

"I keep saying from our point of view there is nothing we can do in terms of off the field stuff but on the field stuff we can have an affect on.

"That's picking teams that can win games and go and win them hopefully with a bit of style and that's what our players and our staff are certainly attempting to do.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/9478547?

I think so many of these type of lines have been used so many times, switching to another and then back again that fans hardly even notice them pass by.

Bottomline, there comes a time when the support get 'Omnishambles-Fatigue.'