Almost anyone we go for will have experience, but what is his football philosophy and do we really want to restrict the choice of next manager to people who know what Rangers are about?

We see this time after time - people keep selecting managers who once played for us or who are known to have a Rangers allegiance. I think our board needs people who know what the club is about, but I think we need a manager who can have us playing a style of football that the likes of Smith and McCoist - who know what Rangers are about - are not noted for.

Our next manager should have the team playing in a way that is satisfying, enjoyable and rewarding for paying punters. I'm not sure that McInnes fits the bill.

I hope we steer well clear.

I don't see that McInnes is any way similar to Smith or McCoist.

The fact that a player has had previous connections with the club shouldn't be anywhere near the most important criteria set IMO. It shouldn't be used to discard a candidate or indeed become a candidate. As you alude to, it should first and foremost be about the football itself, the man himself, his effectiveness/methods/results and suitability to the pressure at Rangers.

I talked of realism regards where we are financially, politics, forseeable future.

This would restrict your field from what we might have once expected and if we talking about the present and realism then the choice of a manager would be made with sp.ivs own interests in mind, only part of would be covered by winning football matches and you could forget football "philosophies".

A more stark realism is that I doubt we could afford to sack McCoist.

Then take a look over the other side of the city and remember the struggle they had at the hour of attracting a manager on the business model put forward. We are in a much worse financial situation.

I don't see that McInnes is any way similar to Smith or McCoist.

The fact that a player has had previous connections with the club shouldn't be anywhere near the most important criteria set IMO. It shouldn't be used to discard a candidate or indeed become a candidate. As you alude to, it should first and foremost be about the football itself, the man himself, his effectiveness/methods/results and suitability to the pressure at Rangers.

I talked of realism regards where we are financially, politics, forseeable future.

This would restrict your field from what we might have once expected and if we talking about the present and realism then the choice of a manager would be made with sp.ivs own interests in mind, only part of would be covered by winning football matches and you could forget football "philosophies".

A more stark realism is that I doubt we could afford to sack McCoist.

Then take a look over the other side of the city and remember the struggle they had at the hour of attracting a manager on the business model put forward. We are in a much worse financial situation.

We are in a bad place. I don't need any convincing about that, but I see no reason why we should select from a group of usual suspects who are notable only for being ordinary.

Didn't McInnes take Aberdeen to third last year in a division with no Rangers and a weakened Hearts? His period down south was hardly a recommendation either.

Let's advertise the job and see who knocks on our door. I don't think there will be a shortage of volunteers.

We are in a bad place. I don't need any convincing about that, but I see no reason why we should select from a group of usual suspects who are notable only for being ordinary.

Didn't McInnes take Aberdeen to third last year in a division with no Rangers and a weakened Hearts? His period down south was hardly a recommendation either.

Let's advertise the job and see who knocks on our door. I don't think there will be a shortage of volunteers.

Let's see where we are when the day comes.

Next week's ICT game is massive for Ally. Simply has to win it IMO

Or else? Don't get me wrong, but McCoist's priority is promotion to the top tier. If he gets cup success along the way, fine. If we play decent football, even finer! After an opening disappointment (and still not that many great games performance wise), McCoist delivered win after win. Once he ends up in a position like Pardew today, the words "massive" might come into the fray. We all want us to beat ICT next week, if we play anyway near our full potential, we should have a good chance to actually achieve that. The season or Ally's job will - IMHO - not hinge on it though. They will most likely expect that he snatches the Challenge Cup in our (hopefully) last ever attempt on it. The League Cup and the SFA Cup are not of the "or else" variety though.

Or else? Don't get me wrong, but McCoist's priority is promotion to the top tier. If he gets cup success along the way, fine. If we play decent football, even finer! After an opening disappointment (and still not that many great games performance wise), McCoist delivered win after win. Once he ends up in a position like Pardew today, the words "massive" might come into the fray. We all want us to beat ICT next week, if we play anyway near our full potential, we should have a good chance to actually achieve that. The season or Ally's job will - IMHO - not hinge on it though. They will most likely expect that he snatches the Challenge Cup in our (hopefully) last ever attempt on it. The League Cup and the SFA Cup are not of the "or else" variety though.

McCoist has delivered failure after failure but it's irrelevant now because we are such a mess there is little point in making sweeping changes until we can actually be confident we will be an going concern for the months ahead.

McCoist has delivered failure after failure but it's irrelevant now because we are such a mess there is little point in making sweeping changes until we can actually be confident we will be an going concern for the months ahead.

Och, now there you have forgotten what you posted in the OP. Don't you agree that Ally is now our hero. At least until Tuesday !!