I have put it to the Club that they have missed an enormous marketing opportunity this season and that is the directors responsibility.

That said, as you know I do not agree with boycotts because (a) I do not think they will achieve the objective of those who promote them; (b) they harm the Club not the Board as such and © they adversely affect the team by reducing the (Rangers) atmosphere.

Equally every fan is a paying customer and entitled to make their own decision.

Swap fan for stakeholder and bring in other potential commercial revenue which is also missing and the executive management must bear the brunt of what we see, read and hear just now. War of attrition is in play. A step up from being a cold a war but things have to heat up sooner or later.

give or take several thousand.

Actually less.

Average attendance 2013/14 - 42,938

Average attendance 2014/15 (so far) - 35,570

Difference if my old man's arithmetic still serves me = 7,638.

I would not accept that it is fair to compare the two "other" games this season v the whole of last season because no exclusions are inherent in the average attendance last season but if you did that comparison then:

Dumbarton 31,175

QoS - 31,851

Average of those two is 31,513.

So the difference between the average of those two and last season is 11,425; which is 1,425 more than 10,000 and I think you would concede that 1,425 is not "several thousand".

Actually less.

Average attendance 2013/14 - 42,938

Average attendance 2014/15 (so far) - 35,570

Difference if my old man's arithmetic still serves me = 7,638.

I would not accept that it is fair to compare the two "other" games this season v the whole of last season because no exclusions are inherent in the average attendance last season but if you did that comparison then:

Dumbarton 31,175

QoS - 31,851

Average of those two is 31,513.

So the difference between the average of those two and last season is 11,425; which is 1,425 more than 10,000 and I think you would concede that 1,425 is not "several thousand".

average the first 3 games of last season as a favour to me.

The ones who decide not to go, are they paying customers? :P

OK fair point; but as you know what I meant was that every supporter (I should have said) starts off as a paying customer and then has a choice of whether to remain so.

Obviously if they chose not to go they are no longer paying customers but I would contend that they remain potential paying customers.

OK fair point; but as you know what I meant was that every supporter (I should have said) starts off as a paying customer and then has a choice of whether to remain so.

Obviously if they chose not to go they are no longer paying customers but I would contend that they remain potential paying customers.

I was only teasing. :)

we can kid on about attendances all we like but we are down 15k on paid for season books.

every member of staff has 2 free books now.

20 thousand people did not renew in the summer.

ibrox is half full for games at a higher level than last year.

their is no value in belittling the numbers. this board have chased away tens of thousands off paying customers by action and inaction.