Isn't it the case that the Assembly by its very nature excluded the 75%-80% of fans who do not belong to any group and in any event at best it is limbo? Numerous people on here of varying opinions have said it has outserved its usefulness.

This appears at least to be an attempt to capture as many different kinds of supporters as possible whether or not they are members of supporters clubs or things like the RST and RF which exist for a different purpose.

Most importantly it is democratically elected.

I'm sure that all any member of the new Board would ask is to give it a fair chance before you shoot it down.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The Vanguard Bears display their usual rationale of how all matters Rangers should be judged:

How fucking pathetic can it get?

I read that last night but it wasn't on VB, was it one of their members who posted it elsewhere? The bile is certainly oozing. I have read a couple worse than that in the same place, absolute poison.

I read that last night but it wasn't on VB, was it one of their members who posted it elsewhere? The bile is certainly oozing. I have read a couple worse than that in the same place, absolute poison.

He is a celebrated spokesman for them, and yes, I read it in the same place as you did. ;) It comes as no surprise, and I daresay that the same message will be being expressed elsewhere with the two names being switched around.

All part of the plan from the club to set in motion another venture which will be used to promote further division within the support. Divide and conquer.

Not new to be fair, they were around 50/60 years ago.

They were called celtic supporters.

First off thanks to all for the messages of support and to all those who voted on my behalf.

Most of you will only know me from pixels on a screen but quite a few especially those who have met me will understand the real reason why I put my name forward for this particular enterprise even though like many of you I am sceptical . However nothing ventured nothing gained, I have been battling for years behind the scenes to try and improve the lot of myself and the constituents I'm primarily elected to serve some of whom make unbelievable efforts just to follow follow Rangers, some literally have no voice but that does not mean they should not be heard, I intend to ensure they are heard loud and clear.

I'm also aware as has been noted in the post above of the responsibilities towards the wider fan base in general and I intend to be diligent in that area too.

I go into this with eyes and mind wide open, I hope this succeeds and can be built upon but in the end that's up to the Club itself, if all they want is a fig leaf then alas it will be doomed to failure to the detriment of both the Club and the wider fan base in general.

Once again thanks to all even to those in another place who provide me with an endless source of laughter!

You been "briefed" by jack irvine yet forlan?:laugh:

good luck and i hope you get genuine improvements for the area you are dealing with.

The first meeting is on 6 October but I think it will be more procedural than anything else.

Oh-er.:D

Anything the ****s say is true

You must chant ****s' names and Jack repeatedly before any board meeting opens

When the ****s speaks you must listen

The ****s never lie

Any investment figures quoted by the ****s must be multiplied by 10 when talking about it outside of the fans board

Never question the wisdom of the ****s or face serious consequences

Nod your heads in agreement when the ****s talk at all times

Only speak when a **** has spoken to you

Never ever mention UoF, Craig Houston or Chris Graham

At the closing of each meeting you will chant the ****s' names and Jack repeatedly

You won't leave the board room until all ****s have gone

I jest.:D

Edited by Stimpy

First off thanks to all for the messages of support and to all those who voted on my behalf.

Most of you will only know me from pixels on a screen but quite a few especially those who have met me will understand the real reason why I put my name forward for this particular enterprise even though like many of you I am sceptical . However nothing ventured nothing gained, I have been battling for years behind the scenes to try and improve the lot of myself and the constituents I'm primarily elected to serve some of whom make unbelievable efforts just to follow follow Rangers, some literally have no voice but that does not mean they should not be heard, I intend to ensure they are heard loud and clear.

I'm also aware as has been noted in the post above of the responsibilities towards the wider fan base in general and I intend to be diligent in that area too.

I go into this with eyes and mind wide open, I hope this succeeds and can be built upon but in the end that's up to the Club itself, if all they want is a fig leaf then alas it will be doomed to failure to the detriment of both the Club and the wider fan base in general.

Once again thanks to all even to those in another place who provide me with an endless source of laughter!

I can't believe a fan has actually called you a 'polis snitch'. Just how ignorant are some of our 'support'? It's a shame there weren't more 'snitches' like you. We might not be such a mess.

A guy sees his club going down the tube and takes action. Gets called a 'snitch' and remarks made about his mentality :facepalm:

FS

You know my thoughts on the matter from the thread on RM.

But can I ask you given that JCD stood for nomination but was not selected and you were' date=' does that not remove some of the scepticism you have ?[/quote']

If I hadn't put my name forward there would have been no election in the disabled category and the disabled would have been represented by the current Chairman of the Rangers Disabled Supporters Club who to put it mildly has not set the heather on fire in that regards, it was my fellow disabled fans fed up with what's been going on who persuaded me to stand.

Regarding JCD I imagine it would depend how many and who stood in the same category, a 50% success rate for election from 2 of the same family is a fair return is it not?