It appears the following post has been the cause for a complaint to be made to Rangers regarding it and me.

Wonder who could have possibly complained?

i1cgno.jpg

Given circumstances, the more honest thing for whoever it was would have been to debate the point rather than go running to try and get a candidate into trouble with such insignificant material.

Irrespective of this, the board of RIFC would rather you not be elected and would most probably look favourably on the source of such input or have had others look for 'opportunities' or 'sticks' with what to beat you.

Edited by buster.

Believe what you will, you have proven to be hard-headed and unwilling to budge when it suits you FS, as is your prerogative.

I think it fair to mention that FS generally has a reputation for having a firm grasp on events and not commenting if he thinks that grasp not to be firm. When he is moved to comment on a particular issue, he also tends to be accurate.

ie. FS has earned the right to be what you perceive as "hard-headed".

I think it fair to mention that FS generally has a reputation for having a firm grasp on events and not commenting if he thinks that grasp not to be firm. When he is moved to comment on a particular issue, he also tends to be accurate.

ie. FS has earned the right to be what you perceive as "hard-headed".

I would direct your attention to the statement "as is your prerogative".

However, I am at a loss as to how he, or any of us, can have an inside track on how someone handled a situation such as the one that is rearing its head again here.

Given circumstances, the more honest thing for whoever it was would have been to debate the point rather than go running to try and get a candidate into trouble with such insignificant material.

Irrespective of this, the board of RIFC would rather you not be elected and would most probably look favourably on the source of such input or have had others look for 'opportunities' or 'sticks' with what to beat you.

Sadly, I believe you to be correct. FS will be seen as a potential thorn in the side of RFC and they will look for any opportunity to not allow his appointment - that in itself would open a huge can of worms though as the fans board is independent of the club.

FS has probably done more good for the club with his investigative abilities than any journalist or interested observer.

I would think that he is a "shoe-in" in his category - and I, for one, appreciate the efforts and tenacity he has shown in his investigations and attempts to have the Board show some transparency.

1. I hope you aren't suggesting it was me

Why on Earth would I?

2. Whether you agree or disagree with BH's actions it is insensitive to continue with this as, when it reared it's head originally, BH ended up having to bring in the Police due to threats of violence against his person. And raising it again is threatening repeat actions. People are at liberty to discuss the merits or otherwise of BH but I will ask that you refrain from speaking about the john Bennett incident - and, no, it isn't about curtailing debating what the candidates bring to the table - but this was ended up being investigated by the Police before, and could threaten to do so again.

Perhaps you'd be better aiming your barbs at whoever took the screenshot and sent in to Rangers to complain, for it says a lot more about the content of their character than mine.

None of us are perfect, we would all do well to remember that.

I'm well aware of my own faults and foibles but I'm also fully aware I'm responsible for own actions not anyone else.

But then, it is easy to do that when not being the subject of physical threats.

You suggesting I was responsible for those threats?

Why on Earth would I?

Lets try to steer clear from emotions on this one FS (I'm not saying you are being emotive but it could lead that way, for both of us).

Why would you ? The post that you pasted and then said it had been reported to Rangers for complaint was a post from me. So, to a neutral observer, it could easily be construed that the allegation of complaint was being leveled at me. Hopefully you see that I was merely trying to clarify, rather than suggest you were saying it was me, hence the use of the "?" at the end of the statement. (Just noticed I forgot the ? at the end of the statement. Still, you can easily see it was a question rather than suggestion that you were blaming me

Perhaps you'd be better aiming your barbs at whoever took the screenshot and sent in to Rangers to complain, for it says a lot more about the content of their character than mine.

Barbs ? I wasn't aiming barbs, and certainly not at you. I personally feel that as the original incident regarding BH & John Bennett ended up in Police hands for threats of physical violence that we would, as a forum, be best served by refraining from continuing discussing it. No barbs, just suggesting that we should refrain from discussing further an emotive subject that previously resulted in a member of this forum being threatened.

I'm well aware of my own faults and foibles but I'm also fully aware I'm responsible for own actions not anyone else.

That indeed is the case. Sometimes we (no, I'm not saying you and am just generalizing) in recognizing we are responsible for our own actions, also display a blatant disregard for the consequences (unintended or not) that these actions have on others. Again, I'm not saying you do or you don't fall into that category - but I, again just me personally, think that we should at least have an appreciation for how there may be a serious impact on other people.

You suggesting I was responsible for those threats?

What ? Come on FS, that is a ridiculous suggestion. A man of your intelligence should be in absolutely no doubt that what I am saying is it is easy for ALL of us to ignore ramifications when we aren't the ones being subjected to such threats. I was in no way insinuating ANYTHING about who was threatening BH, but merely saying it is easy to not care about consequences when the consequences don't involve or concern us.

I am actually astounded that you would even come to that conclusion. I have been a staunch supporter of you and the work you do, and will continue to do so. If you think that I was suggesting you were responsible for such threats then you clearly don't know me very well at all.

Shocked and surprised doesn't even begin to cover that one !

I'm going to close this thread temporarily.

In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to remind everyone that this forum (and others) are monitored by the club and their legal advisers. In addition, everyone is responsible for what they post and that's worth considering when a wide variety of people (friendly and maybe not so friendly) are aware of who is actually behind the odd user-name.