OK I've now reopened the thread.

A few guidelines for those that want to post about this issue (and others actually):

1. Please do not post links to other sites where some of the content may be considered abusive, unsubstantiated and against the spirit of THIS forum.

2. Once again, please consider your personal responsibilities when posting online. This website takes no responsibility for the ill-informed remarks and actions of anyone.

3. If you have an issue with any post, please report it and/or get in touch with myself or another admin/mod. Usually we can act pretty quickly.

Finally, I don't expect anyone on here to be reporting stuff to Rangers, the police or anyone else when it comes to forum content. Yes, people can perhaps post stuff they don't really mean in the heat of the moment but I'd rather we acted like adults and gave them (and if necessary the forum administrators) the chance to address any specific concerns over content. Let's keep it in-house so to speak.

Please remember we're all supposed to be Rangers fans. Disagreement is healthy and even desired - insulting others is not.

Finally, I don't expect anyone on here to be reporting stuff to Rangers, the police or anyone else when it comes to forum content. Yes, people can perhaps post stuff they don't really mean in the heat of the moment but I'd rather we acted like adults and gave them (and if necessary the forum administrators) the chance to address any specific concerns over content. Let's keep it in-house so to speak.

Poor form, taking a complaint direct to Rangers.

Why would 'X' do that ?

Poor form, taking a complaint direct to Rangers.

Why would 'X' do that ?

I don't know who reported the post FS mentioned to the club. But I'm sure he will appreciate many people don't like his style so it's difficult to say for certain who'd be petty enough to do it.

With that in mind, I'd rather avoid any speculation and urge everyone involved in the process to ensure it's a sporting one.

There are some from out with this Forum, who would get great pleasure shopping forlan.

There may well be but I read what Forlan says and how he says it and that isn't the impression I'm getting here for two particular reasons but given what Frankie said, I'll leave it there.

Bear in mind I've got a doctorate in 'reading between the lines' ;)3:seal:

Absolutely disgusting tactics by whoever it was to try to discredit a very worthy candidate for the membership board.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was internal at the club given FS's prior dealings with them in showing them up to be idiotic at best. Who would want that type of person holding you to account at board meetings? (Me for one!)

Anyway, supposition without any evidence or information on my part and I will leave it at that, whilst hoping FS wins his category at the election (if allowed to continue to seek election!) and can bring some bite to this perceived charade.

The club's fan board idea had no credibility even before this latest development, but what if the nominations committee or whatever it is called prevents FS from standing?

Would people tolerate such gerrymandering and still contribute towards making it work?

Will those who have chosen to stand continue to do so if a perfectly reasonable candidate is barred from doing so? I think this is a reasonable question to put to all of those seeking election.

The club's fan board idea had no credibility even before this latest development, but what if the nominations committee or whatever it is called prevents FS from standing?

Would people tolerate such gerrymandering and still contribute towards making it work?

Will those who have chosen to stand continue to do so if a perfectly reasonable candidate is barred from doing so? I think this is a reasonable question to put to all of those seeking election.

Hildy, I think you put forward a reasonable question to ask those who are standing for a representative role.

I don't know how many of them may look in on Gersnet but BH is certainly on here and could perhaps respond.

There are some from out with this Forum, who would get great pleasure shopping forlan.

Whether it was someone from outwith Gersnet or one of our own forum members, anyone who took that screenshot from here and sent it to Rangers as part of a complaint against forlan is an odious and shameful person because that is a repugnant thing to do.