That says before the sale of their shares they held 4,334,450 shares, but the RIFC investor site has just been updated and states they held 4,601,688 shares.

Non reconciling numbers are the norm in Rangers related statements, sure there will be a corrective statement/s along sometime soon.

FS may well be correct but they might have been bought for their own account

BNP Paribas Principal Investments manages the Group’s portfolio of listed and unlisted investments and emerging market sovereign debt.

Listed Investment Management

The Listed Investment Management unit acquires and manages minority interests in listed companies on behalf of the Group. Investments are generally made in large caps and the portfolio comprises mostly French companies. The unit’s mission is to extract the greatest possible value from its assets over the medium-term.

Unlisted Investment Management

The Unlisted Investment Management unit manages the Group’s portfolio of interests in unlisted companies (direct and indirect through funds). It identifies and analyses investment opportunities, structures transactions, manages investments with a view to extracting value in the medium-term and organises the disposal of mature investments.

is it the bank that has bought them or another faceless investor via the bank?

BNP is the Nominee - who will be buying on behalf of a (at this moment in time) faceless investor - I believe.

Sticking my neck out I say that there is absolutely no way that BNP have invested for themsleves on this occassion. I am 99.9999% certain that this is on behalf of someone.

As an example, if you look at Blue Pitch & the rest - a lot of them use Beaufort Nominees.

We need to know who is the actual buyer.

Edited by MoodyBlue

FS may well be correct but they might have been bought for their own account

BNP Paribas Principal Investments manages the Group’s portfolio of listed and unlisted investments and emerging market sovereign debt.

Listed Investment Management

The Listed Investment Management unit acquires and manages minority interests in listed companies on behalf of the Group. Investments are generally made in large caps and the portfolio comprises mostly French companies. The unit’s mission is to extract the greatest possible value from its assets over the medium-term.

Unlisted Investment Management

The Unlisted Investment Management unit manages the Group’s portfolio of interests in unlisted companies (direct and indirect through funds). It identifies and analyses investment opportunities, structures transactions, manages investments with a view to extracting value in the medium-term and organises the disposal of mature investments.

Professional gut feel.................Do you think they did or not ?

I'm saying Not a chance in hell.

Professional gut feel.................Do you think they did or not ?

I'm saying Not a chance in hell.

Given that they say that they mostly invest in French companies, I'd say it's unlikely that they have bought on their own account.

However, they do have a range of unit trusts like Artemis & R&M, so it's not impossible that they bought for one of their range. At 20p it's fairly attractive I would think, well more so than at 70p!

That said they are absolutely massive "with total assets under management of €492 billion, BNP Paribas Investment Partners is the 6th-largest asset manager in Europe."

If I had to put money on it, I'd say a private investor and perhaps with French or other "overseas" connections but that would just be speculation. I'm trying to find out more.

Given that they say that they mostly invest in French companies, I'd say it's unlikely that they have bought on their own account.

However, they do have a range of unit trusts like Artemis & R&M, so it's not impossible that they bought for one of their range. At 20p it's fairly attractive I would think, well more so than at 70p!

That said they are absolutely massive "with total assets under management of €492 billion, BNP Paribas Investment Partners is the 6th-largest asset manager in Europe."

If I had to put money on it, I'd say a private investor and perhaps with French or other "overseas" connections but that would just be speculation. I'm trying to find out more.

Just found this.

Rangers Supporters ‏@rangersfctrust

Shares purchased yesterday held in a nominee account (BNP Paribas) so no disclosure over who it is.

Just as expected.