If it were approximately 24k I'm sure it would have said so!

To me that announcement reads as less than 23k have been actually "sold".

Given the present state of affairs whether it's 23k or 24k (or even 34k for that matter) makes no difference in the grand scheme of things though the news will hardly lead to queues of people seeking to renew at the ticket shed.

Spot on. The projected sales of half-season tickets will have taken a severe dunt with this dire warning.

I have missed most of this debate while I was away but have just skimmed through the pages to see if anyone has challenged the OP's statement that we have

The facts are that we have more than 23,000 ST holders and are closing in on 24,000. Whilst recognising that different factors were in play v Hearts, we sold 18,000+ individual match tickets for that fixture and it would appear that we sold 8,000+ v Dumbarton who were bottom of the league. It's arguable that opposite forces were in play v Dumbarton as against Hearts. The average of the two league games to date is that we are selling 13,000+ individual match tickets. I'd argue that this Saturday will be a good guide because QoS might be considered one of the better of the Grade B teams we will face.

I accept that our current average attendance, 37,429, is the lowest for more than 20 years but I maintain the prediction that I made in the summer that we will end up with 25,000-30,000 ST holders.

IMHO most of those who have not renewed have taken the position of being selective because of the poor quality of football on show and many of thosee who cite the Board etc as their reason are using this as an excuse to hide the real reasons which are the lack of quality/poor tactics/duff opposition etc. If we were top of the league and playing scintillating football against better teams than the last two seasons then I think our attendances would be up on last season's 42,938 average regardless of who is sitting in the Boardroom.

Lastly I reject the argument that "The only win rate stat that counts is Cup competitions completed 11, won 0%." On that basis, what is our success rate in the league? Well it's 100% in the last two seasons. The former doesn't prove that Ally is a bad manager (though I don't think he's a manager at all) but neither does the latter prove that he is a good manager.

Calscot's view of the statistics representing an 82% win rate in cup ties is perhaps a better assessment but it's by no means the full story. The reason for that is fairly obvious; namely that once you lose you are out! So no chance of further losses (unless you are Celtic FC). A weighted average taking account of the quality of opposition might be more instructive.

Our league win pecentage in 2012/13 was 80.5% and last season it was 95.8%. Would anyone argue that those figures prove that Ally is a great manager, I doubt it.

He has a reasonably high success rate in domestic cup ties but not in cup competitions; it's important to distinguish between the two.

31,851 today. You will need to adjust your figures, Mr Hemdani.

This is for a Saturday in August with a 3pm kick off. Just imagine what it will be like playing Alloa on a Tuesday night in January.

This is for a Saturday in August with a 3pm kick off. Just imagine what it will be like playing Alloa on a Tuesday night in January.

23k plus, not bad for a Tuesday night in January against Alloa in the Championship. Then again, by that time we might have a White King reigning over us and people will be streaming into Ibrox on a Tuesday night in January against Alloa in the Championship, no doubt about that!

23k plus, not bad for a Tuesday night in January against Alloa in the Championship. Then again, by that time we might have a White King reigning over us and people will be streaming into Ibrox on a Tuesday night in January against Alloa in the Championship, no doubt about that!

I thought I was placed on your ignore list yesterday. You just can't resist baiting me! :D

I thought I was placed on your ignore list yesterday. You just can't resist baiting me! :D

Same with me ! :confused::eek:

Unless he's put his ignore list on ignore then hopefully he's looking to take on a wider opinion base in an effort to improve on his consistent but negative record in 'political calls'..................I give him some stick at times but that would have to be applauded.

Same with me ! :confused::eek:

Unless he's put his ignore list on ignore then hopefully he's looking to take on a wider opinion base in an effort to improve on his consistent but negative record in 'political calls'..................I give him some stick at times but that would have to be applauded.

Same with me too :D

Would be 31'852 if you were there?

Add that to 31,175 on a Saturday against Dumbarton and you are looking at around 8K of walk-ups/away support.

Now 8K walk-ups wouldn't have been that different from last season.

This isn't very good considering that you have around 13,000 who gave up their ST and you'd imagine that 3 to 5,000 would consider attendence game by game, especially at the beginning of the season.

Seems to reflect more widespread and general discontentment.