This already been answered very clearly in the thread already.

Zappa I totally agree it's total rotten and stinks of shite but we can always just hope they get fucked now by Maribor

as I don't think CAS will overturn this either

I wouldn't bet on them squandering the free pass they've been handed mate. They now have a £20m ticket to the CL group stages with their name written on it.

I wouldn't bet on them squandering the free pass they've been handed mate. They now have a £20m ticket to the CL group stages with their name written on it.

I was trying to be DB and be as optimistic as possible haha

Lonely in a hotel room in Birmingham, don't depress me any more

I was trying to be DB and be as optimistic as possible haha

Lonely in a hotel room in Birmingham, don't depress me any more

Hey, you never know, Maribor might do us all (including UEFA who look completely ridiculous yet again) a favour and pump them out, but I wouldn't bet on it. Fingers crossed is about as optimistic as I can get.

I wonder if hard scrutiny is the norm in these European ties or if it's just Celtic that examines every name on the teamsheet in minute detail.

As things stand, the system is a farce and it makes UEFA's Fair Play initiative redundant. Two games in two countries can be played producing an emphatic result - which is then overturned due to an administrative shortcoming. This goes down very badly with football fans - as it should.

By taking advantage of the situation, Celtic has gone against the spirit of good sportsmanship, which will lose them friends and tarnish their reputation.

Of course, had it been us, I'm pretty sure we would too, which saddens me. The moral of the story? Make sure the red tape is in order for European ties - and double and triple check it for games against Celtic Football Club.

I wonder if hard scrutiny is the norm in these European ties or if it's just Celtic that examines every name on the teamsheet in minute detail.

As things stand, the system is a farce and it makes UEFA's Fair Play initiative redundant. Two games in two countries can be played producing an emphatic result - which is then overturned due to an administrative shortcoming. This goes down very badly with football fans - as it should.

By taking advantage of the situation, Celtic has gone against the spirit of good sportsmanship, which will lose them friends and tarnish their reputation.

Of course, had it been us, I'm pretty sure we would too, which saddens me. The moral of the story? Make sure the red tape is in order for European ties - and double and triple check it for games against Celtic Football Club.

It wasn't Celtic who noticed the anomaly. It has been covered on this thread on a few occasions. Had Legia taken the same amount of care to ensure that they adhered to the rules in the same way that hundreds of other clubs do, they wouldn't have found themselves in their current predicament. A painful lesson that they won't repeat in a hurry.

It wasn't Celtic who noticed the anomaly. It has been covered on this thread on a few occasions. Had Legia taken the same amount of care to ensure that they adhered to the rules in the same way that hundreds of other clubs do, they wouldn't have found themselves in their current predicament. A painful lesson that they won't repeat in a hurry.

I'm sure they have learned the lesson the hard way, but I have to say that I am distinctly unimpressed with the jobsworth mentality that comes to the fore on these occasions - they broke the rules - they have to pay. There is no sense of fairness or justice, just abject surrender to the rulebook.

From now on, UEFA needs to find a way to prevent more of the same. It is administering a tournament where inferior football teams can advance despite being outplayed, out-thought and outgunned.

Legia have paid a high price, but so too has UEFA, and maybe even Celtic. A more sporting solution could have been arrived at but Celtic seemed to be banking on Legia's disqualification, and some people will not easily forget this.

And I hope they don't. 'Sporting integrity' anyone?

We know what the scum management are like, but look at Mulgrew's body language and facial expressions on this video. These players may accept the chance they are getting, but their sense of "sporting integrity" is under severe pressure. Big riddy ...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/288351-charlie-mulgrew-cant-believe-his-luck-after-second-euro-reprieve/