They will refuse the appeal but they've got to make the grounds for refusal watertight to survive the scrutiny of the CAS and that's why they're taking time to cook up something good.

I think that's almost correct.

Legia may well have been advised of the decision verbally and in any event will be advised before it is made public. UEFA will then issue a statement just outlining the facts i.e. the Appeal by Legia Warsaw against the decision of the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body ...... has been upheld/dismissed etc (consequences). Unlikely that the Statement will give reasons. If the Appeal is dismissed Legia will then ask for the stated case i.e. the reasons for the decision so that they can take it to the CAS.

Just adding to #364

Legia’s arguments on 17.1 & 17.2 are a complete distortion of the Rules; because the phrase "in cases where all aspects of the offence have been revealed by the party charged" refers to cases where the information provided by the party charged has been decisive in uncovering or establishing a breach of the Rules; which is not the case here. It doesn’t mean that because you have come clean you can get off or have the penalty reduced.

At first reading I thought Art. 20.1 referred to the taking of the decision being suspended but I now see that it refers to things like suspensions (but not from all football) themselves being suspended e.g. you get a 2 game ban suspended for a year if you are well-behaved. However I don’t see how that could apply as they ask “(match forfeited 0:3 in favour for Celtic FC) to be suspended"; because how can you suspend a forfeited game? That’s just ridiculous.

So on second reading I am more convinced than ever that the Appeal will fail.

They'll have the draft ready. No judge with the threat of apeal hovering makes his decision public before taking that precaution.

They'll be working on a draft for sure but I don't think it need be ready to go when the decision is announced because they have three days (or something like that) to provide the stated case.

DZIEKANOWSKI - Ian's post above.

A name from the past. Remember the glorious cup-tie at Hampden when celtic fielded three Poles. Dziekanowski, Aitken-offski and Miller-on-and-offski.

A player who will live in infamy as the man who scored four goals in a UEFA Cup tie and still lost the match.

That's that then.

CAS are unlikely to rule against UEFA on a clear technical rule breach.

Rock solid technical rule breach or not, this has to be one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in European football competition for a long time.