PLG Article From The Sunday Times

This guy is the shakeup we've been needing since the collapse of Advocaat's regime.

As early as a season and a half ago I mooted him for the Ibrox job and never thought there was a chance in hell of him taking over, such was his stock and pedigree as the Lyon coach.

Along with another I sold loads of folk on the guy such is/was my admiration and respect for him, and when a year later it was serious that we were in for him I just could not believe it and was on tenterhooks hoping it would really happen.

Suffice to say when it did I was overjoyed and am still in a sort of dreamland that we got him.

Along with Gazza and Laudrup, and maybe superceding them, the biggest signing in our history.

Roll on next season.

He really seems to be a no nonsense guy who knows what he wants and won't accept less. That is what Rangers need after the years of indecision that McLiesh brought us. At least the players will know where they stand and not be open to double standards as under Eck.