I have been looking at the possibilities of going down to Derby for the friendly game on Saturday the 2nd of August; one problem being the 1.00pm KO.

On a solo basis, train seems the best option but you would need to leave GLA by 7.00am and it is £119.50 return (though folks like me with a Senior Railcard could go for 30% less or First Class for more or less the same money). Personally I don't want to go on a 10-hour return journey just for the match. So that would mean going on Friday afternoon/evening and staying over Friday night.

There are a good number of decent hotels around £40 - £60 for b&b (half that for anyone who wants to share a room).

I was wondering if anyone would be up for car/ mini bus sharing and driving down on Friday afternoon/evening? I figure 4 in a car could do it for £25 - £30 pp for petrol. Also booking 4 or more hotel rooms could probabaly get a discount. So a group of 4 could probably do it for about £75 ea. +- £15.

Rangers have confirmed they'll be handling ticket sales.

Any interest/thoughts please post here or PM me as appropriate.

Book separate returns:

Glasgow - Crewe and Crewe - Derby

Should be about half of that price you quoted. Also provides a chance to re-stock the cargo. :D

I believe these buses are running:

Wishaw, Sandbank, Clarkson.

Queen Street True Blues have a bus leaving at 04.30 and returning at 18.00.

Book separate returns:

Glasgow - Crewe and Crewe - Derby

Should be about half of that price you quoted. Also provides a chance to re-stock the cargo. :D

I believe these buses are running:

Wishaw, Sandbank, Clarkson.

Queen Street True Blues have a bus leaving at 04.30 and returning at 18.00.

Thanks for that info about the trains.

I am not enthisiastic about a 4.30am bus run just for the match and presumably not getting back till around midnight! Too much like hard work.

I booked up Friday and Saturday didn't realise it was a 1pm k.o otherwise would have just drove home after the game, ah well a Saturday night on the sauce in Derby beckons.

No harm in that; might be tempted to make it two nights as well.

Accommodation around Derby shouldn't be a problem. If I was going Id stay in Nottingham (far better nightout) and take the train / bus through from there, its only about 20 minutes.