How will PLG come out of this?

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

I am pretty sure it will not really affect his reputation, and he will put it down to our lack of discipline and poor league.

He can put it down to lack of that and proper funding.... but we can put it down to his lack of knowledge of the league.

Didnt do his homework is what it all boils down too results/performance-wise.

to say it boiled down to homework is far too simplistic.

Was he too respectful and not ruthless enough, probably.

Had he demanded more money to re-build team as a condition of coming.

He shouldn�´t have worried about Eck�´s feelings at the end of last season, it was more important to be properly aquainted with spl and he should have sorted out Ferguson and Boyd in August.

He always said respect was important too him, he would give it and expect it in return.

First he has to take a job in France again, say with PSG and do reasonably well. If he does so, the Rangers job will look like a blip where he tried to bring French style of football to Scotland but was undermined by the Scottish players.

That's why he is quitting now in my opinion, as a damage limitation exercise. He's using Bazza as a scapegoat and making sure that his failure is over a short time - to look like the forgettable blip.

To be honest our responses to this really should be.... "who cares ?".

He is gone, he will look forward and so should we.

I would have preferred he was still here, but he isnt so we all have to move on from this.

However, to answer the question I think his reputation will be damaged, but only to a miniscule extent. He had an unblemished record before joining us so IMO his reputation has to take a dent because of that.

If he does well in his next job it might have nothing to do with Scottish culture - there are so many factors.

Maybe he just couldn't handle the pressure at Rangers and also made a load of mistakes.

As I see it, a team need the branches of experienced, older players from which to attach the shoots and leaves of the younger players.

Without the branches you have a very flimsy tree which may or may not become strong in the future...

He tried to do everything at once while bringing in a bunch of no-hopers.

THAT is far more significant than any Scottish culture.