Those who 'put up the money' are not always the heroes that they are made out to be.

Aye, especially when most of the time the money isn't even their own. If you look at all of the people who've 'put up' money for Rangers over the years various patterns begin to emerge. One of them is that people who aren't Rangers fans tend to 'put up' borrowed money, while the Rangers fans consistently put up their own money time and time again. The 'Rangers men' sometimes get bad mouthed for not having arms long enough for their pockets, but something conveniently forgotten is that there's a big difference between dipping someone else's pocket for money and dipping your own.

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2014/05/shareholders-blocking-potential-peace.html

by Alan Clark | Deputy Editor

Key shareholders in Rangers Football Club are blocking a potential compromise agreement between the board and umbrella supporters' group the Union of Fans, the CRO understands.

News broke in the media yesterday that representatives from the UoF had sat down at Ibrox for a meeting with chief executive Graham Wallace - and that the outcome of the meeting was Wallace had promised to take a proposal to sign a legally-binding agreement of protecting Ibrox Stadium to the PLC board for consideration.

The UoF had made it clear in the meeting that they would require the same type of deal for the club's training ground, Murray Park, and that they would take any type of document to their lawyers for inspection.

Today is the last day for season ticket renewals at the club, and the PLC board have still not returned with any such documentation to the Dave King-backed UoF.

It is understood that there is a divide emerging in Rangers International's boardroom, as certain shareholders in the company have reiterated that they will not agree to any contract that protects the key assets being signed and shown to the supporters.

If some director(s) are willing to reach a compromise for the supporters regarding Ibrox and/or Murray Park, yet some are not, questions will undoubtedly arise over who exactly is running the show at Edmiston Drive.

It looks as though Alan Clark gets to an anonymous but important and continuous issue that doesn't go away no matter who you have on the board to flank Mr.Easdale. Namely those or some of those who have given Sandy Easdale their voting rights.

Let's say the apparent disagreement/ division is between the Easdale proxies and Laxey.

You'd have a board where the in the Easdale proxy corner you'd probably have James Easdale and David Somers.

In the Laxey corner is Crighton with probably Wallace.

Note that the strings (puppet) that extend from James to Sandy may well not stop but in fact extend further to the unidentified proxies.

Thoughts ?

It looks as though Alan Clark gets to an anonymous but important and continuous issue that doesn't go away no matter who you have on the board to flank Mr.Easdale. Namely those or some of those who have given Sandy Easdale their voting rights.

Let's say the apparent disagreement/ division is between the Easdale proxies and Laxey.

You'd have a board where the in the Easdale proxy corner you'd probably have James Easdale and David Somers.

In the Laxey corner is Crighton with probably Wallace.

Note that the strings (puppet) that extend from James to Sandy may well not stop but in fact extend further to the unidentified proxies.

Thoughts ?

That scenario is certainly plausible T4C. But i tend to think Wallace is piggy in the middle there, a convenient fig leaf for all parties. Trouble is if Wallace tries to flex an independant muscles too far either side of the middle ground. One or the other parties will lob of his appendage or remove him altogether from the scene a la Mather.

Chris just suggested that UoF fund sign-ups will compare favourably with possible season ticket renewal figures of around 10-12K.

I'd be surprised if the UoF achieved such a high number but we'll see I guess.

Do you mean UoF sign ups or Ibrox 1972 pledges?

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2014/05/shareholders-blocking-potential-peace.html

by Alan Clark | Deputy Editor

Key shareholders in Rangers Football Club are blocking a potential compromise agreement between the board and umbrella supporters' group the Union of Fans, the CRO understands.

News broke in the media yesterday that representatives from the UoF had sat down at Ibrox for a meeting with chief executive Graham Wallace - and that the outcome of the meeting was Wallace had promised to take a proposal to sign a legally-binding agreement of protecting Ibrox Stadium to the PLC board for consideration.

The UoF had made it clear in the meeting that they would require the same type of deal for the club's training ground, Murray Park, and that they would take any type of document to their lawyers for inspection.

Today is the last day for season ticket renewals at the club, and the PLC board have still not returned with any such documentation to the Dave King-backed UoF.

It is understood that there is a divide emerging in Rangers International's boardroom, as certain shareholders in the company have reiterated that they will not agree to any contract that protects the key assets being signed and shown to the supporters.

If some director(s) are willing to reach a compromise for the supporters regarding Ibrox and/or Murray Park, yet some are not, questions will undoubtedly arise over who exactly is running the show at Edmiston Drive.

Oh dear we are screwed

I must admit I did wonder at the fact that Wallace was out of work when we employed him

I don't think his lack of experience as a CEO is such a big issue, he WAS the Chief Financial Officer of three different companies and Chief Operating Officer of Man City and folks often successfully apply for more senior positions than they have been in, based on skills and past experience.

However, I did raise the question at the time about the fact that he Had been out of work for the best part of a year and I recall being corrected by GS I think who said it was 8 months. However based on info on the City fans' site he might have been on gardening leave for 3 months, so effectively it was almost a year.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

They don't always get top dollar and above in their first shot at a job though. Indeed almost never.b

My point was Simply that there is nothing unusual or inordinate in someone who has had 3 jobs as a COO successfully applying or even been recruited for a CEO job.

The correct salary for the job is another matter and something that has been debated on here at length; but didn't Chris Graham say he didn't have an issue with it?

Edited by BrahimHemdani