Rangers Union of Fans statement in response to comments made by Sandy Easdale

I think thats the wrong move. If the card display was about the removal of the board, it has to take priority over the mourning of our legend Sandy's passing. If it was just a celebration card display then fair enough.

The leaflet drop should go ahead though, because there is no other match to do it at this season. Hopefully however, the leaflet is much better worded than the disappointment handed out on Tuesday.

The planned card display and leaflet drop will have been intrinsically linked with one side of the leaflets being the actual card as per previous SoS & UoF displays.

I think thats the wrong move. If the card display was about the removal of the board, it has to take priority over the mourning of our legend Sandy's passing. If it was just a celebration card display then fair enough.

The leaflet drop should go ahead though, because there is no other match to do it at this season. Hopefully however, the leaflet is much better worded than the disappointment handed out on Tuesday.

Saturday should all be about us uniting and paying tribute to a true Rangers legend nothing more.

I wasn't even sure if i'd stay for the trophy presentation because i've been so unhappy with the football but under these circumstances I certainly will be now.

A minute's silence before the start of the match, and perhaps a video tribute before the game and at half time should be enough to honour Sandy in the time-honoured football way of things.

There are bigger issues at stake here, the future of the club, and Sandy Jardine himself would have been the first to say that no man is bigger than the club, even in the terrible event of one of our greatest ever players and Barca Bear, passing on after such a long and brave fight against cancer.

Are we going to cancel the celebration at the end of the match and the trophy presentation? I dont think so, so it is not any different for the fans to honour Sandy, and also to try to convince undecided fans what they believe they should do with their season tickets renewals. Both can be done with the proper respect and dignity IMO.

If we had another home game after this one, I would agree that the proposed action be delayed, but we dont.