Yes, true enough. I can't give you empirical evidence, obviously, but the gut tells me that something had to happen in the last month or two to encourage people to renew or else the empty seats which have been all too visible as this season went on will be permanently empty, and not because ST holders would rather go to Petstore than Ibrox but because they will consider £500+ better spent on a weekend in beautiful Kintyre or something.

Nothing has happened. We won the league, Ally spoke out about youth getting a chance, and since then we have managed to play even worse than before (not a feat I would have thought possible, frankly), seen flashes of only one young player (Gallagher) who was promptly dumped in favour of unfit failures when it came to cup games, horrible legal threats and a suspiciously rushed renewal process. Bluntly if someone wanted fans NOT to renew they couldn't have done a much better job of it.

I feel, only feel, that the bulk of fans who renew will be like yourself, able to afford it and with decades of habit they simply cannot break. Anyone who has been STing for less time, or is feeling the pinch (which must be a good few), will be a very very hard sell indeed - and that's entirely the fault of the present incumbents.

We've been here before, in the mid 80's: I don't see any reason why we won't go down to the hard core of @10k ST holders again. And that, we will agree, would spell disaster.

No difficulty agreeing with all of that except the notion that I can afford it, just a poor pensioner with an 11-year old car and a bus pass, who doesn't yet qualify for a discount from Rangers (or most other clubs), that's me. :violin:

Really and truly, Mr BEARGER, if we are going to have a serious debate about this, let's stict to the facts.

Do you know for a fact that the Board "have no new investors"; if so how do you know that?

Do you know for a fact that "ST monies will be greatly down on this season with or without ST Trust". How can you know that when the renewals have just been isssued?

I put it to you that these statements are nothing more than speculation.

The one thing that is guaranteed to bring about admin2 is irresponsible talk about withholding season ticket money.

Admin 2 should it happen will most certainly not be the fans fault.

If the fans don't put in money then how will the club survive? Where will it get revenue from?

It might well end up with paying on the day as in days gone by. In the meantime, the board will have to fork out some other streams of income - new shirt sponsorship, selling naming rights, taking up much hated loans from investors (which they will be blamed for by those people not wanting to invest their ST money into the club - ain't that irony?) and the like. We have no clue whether there are any willing investors into the business bar King. Because ... the board won't tell us. So it might well be that there aren't any. But that's not a fact either, just assumption by people NOT in the know. We might be wiser within a week or two.

Dave king..

I'd like to think so but I just can't see him throwing in £millions no questions asked

(provided of course he has got the amount of money people assume . How much is he actually worth? Does anyone know?)

I'd like to think so but I just can't see him throwing in £millions no questions asked

(provided of course he has got the amount of money people assume . How much is he actually worth? Does anyone know?)

750 million and of course he will want commensurate representation for the 30 million he's talking about investing. Who wouldn't.