Rangers facing cup tie SFA ticket storm

RANGERS look to be on a collision course with the SFA over their brief allocation for the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United, at Ibrox, on Saturday, April 12.

Despite the fixture taking place on the Govan club's own turf it is not a home game for Gers.

That means the season ticket holder sale and distribution of briefs are dependent on the allocation agreed with the SFA and the opposing club. The SFA are currently holding the entire Govan stand in reserve until they know the exact demand from Dundee United supporters, who have been allocated the Broomloan Stand.

That could ensure the Light Blue season ticket holder sale will not commence until April 3.

Rangers are currently allocated the Main Stand and the Copland stand and hoping to land "a significant proportion of the Govan Stand".

And the club's website confirmed: "Subject to confirmation from the SFA, Rangers have taken the decision not to go on sale until we have confirmation on the final allocation and position with the Govan Stand, in order to offer our season ticket holders the best choice of seats available at the one time.

"We hope season ticket holders understand the reasons behind this decision and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay which is outwith the club's control."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/u/rangers-facing-cup-tie-sfa-ticket-storm.1395920594

I am sick of these misleading headlines.

The press seem determined to create a conflict situation around this fixture.

The club need to be much more proactive at refuting these headlines.

The press are determined to sell newspapers by hyping the issues around the fixture.

Big difference.

It's not really anti Rangers per se, it's just really all about the Rangers.

That's certainly not an answer to my question.

It's a spurious statement.

So, do I get an honest answer?

Then we can continue debating.

Well out of habit I guess, but I just call each situation as I see it not really about disagreeing with a certain forum.