Amoruso urges fans to back King’s plan for Rangers

FORMER Rangers skipper Lorenzo Amoruso is prepared to put his hand in his pocket to back tycoon Dave King and his plans for radical change at Ibrox.

South African-based businessman King has called for fans to set up a trust that would pool season-ticket money and drip feed the cash to the current regime, and Amoruso said: “I would urge all fans to listen to Dave and do what he says. If he asks me to buy a season ticket through his trust I will do it. I will do anything I can to help get the club back to where it belongs.”

Furious Gers chairman David Somers has summoned King to a showdown at Ibrox and accused the former club director of making statements that are ‘very damaging to the club’. (The Sun)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-amoruso-rangers-celtic-1-3327500

Agreed with MoodyBlue. One of the next steps should be to drip feed ex-players supporting this initiative. It will reach fans who are traditionally more difficult to reach than the online fraternity (dare I call them that?)