Next Gers manager?

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Guest Thenorthlondonblue
I hope not.

Guy has an incredible legacy at the club, he shouldn't risk tarnishing it.

He would be very foolish to come back when the club is in a mess, and this time round there would not be the money he had for NIAR.

The only thing about Smith is that I think he has improved as a manager since he left us and that he'd instantly have the respect of most of the players. We also have a core of Scottish players in the squad, so maybe it would be a good time for him to come back and it would appeal to him?

Smith won't leave the Scotland job, and he said in an interview a while back he didn't wanna do it part time, so he won't come back.

Billy Davies has a good thing going at Derby, but he could be tempted.

Who does that leave? I await the always entertaining yet wholly unreliable media rumours.

To take a CammyF phrase..... "is this how far our expectations have fallen"

When managers of Championship sides like Derby and Southampton are being mooted as turning us down it is a sad day for our club !

To take a CammyF phrase..... "is this how far our expectations have fallen"

When managers of Championship sides like Derby and Southampton are being mooted as turning us down it is a sad day for our club !

I think your being extremly harsh. The championship in my opinion is a tough league and B. Davies is still a young manager doing well. I would love to see him at gers. Maybe not now but in the future.

The prospect of getting in to the Premiership is enough to keep managers at smaller clubs than ours with less money to spend. Also, considering our position in the league and how we've been playing, some managers won't want to come here unless they're guaranteed at least a decent sum of cash to spend on players.

I know Smith has said he won't quit Scotland, but that was before the Rangers job was available. Who else is there who has played for us or been involved with us who could be deemed a safe pair of hands at the moment? DM obviously can't take too much of a gamble on this one given our position.