Macleod Misses Out Again

RANGERS will do without Lewis Macleod again as the midfielder sits out the trip to face East Fife at Bayview.

Ally McCoist confirmed the youngster's absence with Macleod set to miss a sixth straight match, having not featured in the first team since being substituted against Arbroath in late January.

McCoist said: “Lewis Macleod is the only injury we have for tomorrow and we want to continue the good run of results we've been having.

“Last week was a disappointment to lose three goals at home but we've recovered well with a very hard fought victory at Stranraer.”

With Macleod absent McCoist may call again on Arnold Peralta, but the Rangers boss admits he has yet to speak to the Honduran after reports in his home country quoted him saying he would seek a new challenge away from Ibrox in the summer.

McCoist added: “I haven’t had a chance to talk to Arnold about that. I think it was a quote in a newspaper.

“I don't have a problem with that, Arnold is a good man and if that's the case we can sit down and talk about it.

“We obviously want to build the squad, and hopefully we can continue our run, get out of the division and look to build for next year so we don’t want to lose any players.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6426-macleod-misses-out-again