But he isnt the same player as 2-3 seasons ago Cammy. Nobody doubts that he is Rangers thru and thru for taking painkilling injections and credit to him for that. But since his return he hasnt been the same player and this season He has played well on November and December this year but thats about it.

Rubbish, when BF plays well, Rangers play well. When BF plays poorly (or doesn't play), Rangers play poorly.

Remember that football is a team game and the other 9 outfield players must take responsibility - that is something that is lacking at Rangers at the moment. No one wants to take responsibility.

If I were the Rangers captain, I am not sure that I would be able to keep my trap shut and not offer my opinion on the lazy MOFO's that are currently masquarading (sp) as Rangers players, or the managers tactics, sub's and game plans.

Cammy F

Rubbish, when BF plays well, Rangers play well. When BF plays poorly (or doesn't play), Rangers play poorly.

Remember that football is a team game and the other 9 outfield players must take responsibility - that is something that is lacking at Rangers at the moment. No one wants to take responsibility.

If I were the Rangers captain, I am not sure that I would be able to keep my trap shut and not offer my opinion on the lazy MOFO's that are currently masquarading (sp) as Rangers players, or the managers tactics, sub's and game plans.

Cammy F

Are you saying he is the same player? He doesnt get nearly as much goals as he used to for a start. I'll go back to last season (Caley away) and this season (Motherwell 1st game, Utd 2nd game, Hearts 1st game) and we played them off the park with superb football in BF didnt play.

I dont see Rangers live as much as yourself for obvious reasons but ive made a few trips to Ibrox when ive been across in the last year or so and i watch us every away game on setanta and the only time Ferguson played to his top self was Porto in Sep 05 - he was different class that night, but he just doesnt repeat it NEARLY enough.

Recently he has been good and was awesome against Celtic but 2 months isnt good enough

Are you saying he is the same player? He doesnt get nearly as much goals as he used to for a start. I'll go back to last season (Caley away) and this season (Motherwell 1st game, Utd 2nd game, Hearts 1st game) and we played them off the park with superb football in BF didnt play.

I dont see Rangers live as much as yourself for obvious reasons but ive made a few trips to Ibrox when ive been across in the last year or so and i watch us every away game on setanta and the only time Ferguson played to his top self was Porto in Sep 05 - he was different class that night, but he just doesnt repeat it NEARLY enough.

Recently he has been good and was awesome against Celtic but 2 months isnt good enough

I'll only list recent games where BF has been brilliant - Craptic, Hibs at Ibrox, Aberdeen at The Dung Heap (first hour), UEFA cup games......

You said in a previous post that we can't be a 'one man team', you are right, name ONE other Rangers player that can be mentioned in the same sentance as Fergie when it comes to skill, touch, passion, commitment, ability etc (Prso excluded) or who has been any better than Fergie in the last 2 seasons?

He isn't the same player, but he gives 110% EVERYTIME he pulls on a Rangers jersey - I just wish we had 11 BF's instead of one (or none).

Cammy F

I'll only list recent games where BF has been brilliant - Craptic, Hibs at Ibrox, Aberdeen at The Dung Heap (first hour), UEFA cup games......

You said in a previous post that we can't be a 'one man team', you are right, name ONE other Rangers player that can be mentioned in the same sentance as Fergie when it comes to skill, touch, passion, commitment, ability etc (Prso excluded) or who has been any better than Fergie in the last 2 seasons?

He isn't the same player, but he gives 110% EVERYTIME he pulls on a Rangers jersey - I just wish we had 11 BF's instead of one (or none).

Cammy F

I agree we cant be a 1 man team and nobody has stepped up to the mantle to level ferguson and Prso's ability but im not sure what your getting at here. I think he takes on too much responsibility and he plays his own game and it maybe makes it like Ferguson is playing on his own. - I cant fault him for effort there but only time will tell if Le Guen has done the right thing in taking responsibility away.

Yes id like a few more players to step up and give more to the team and BF as a captain could have went with a different approach to the likes of Burke, Smith etc to make them better players rather than his outburst to Smith in the tunnel.

Guest carter001

Spot on!

However, as much as I was impressed with Barry's man of the match performance at the weekend (covering every blade of grass and playing the only telling passes of the game) I couldn't help noticing that by being everywhere his effectiveness can sometimes be limited e.g. getting the ball on our 18yrd line and trying to play to people in the midfield but really needing to collect the pass himself for it to be of any use!

I also couldn't help noticing that nobody really passes to each other (and i'm not highlighting their lack of ability!!) they all pass the ball to Fergie, regardless of how close he is to them. I think there is a bit of fear from the other players as to how he will react at hal-time/end of the game.

This, i'm sure, is part of the reason for Le Guen's actions.

My opinion is that he wants Fergie to be like the rest and stay in position and only do their job. Not the job of the other fanni*s that seem incapable of doing their own.

I agree we cant be a 1 man team and nobody has stepped up to the mantle to level ferguson and Prso's ability but im not sure what your getting at here. I think he takes on too much responsibility and he plays his own game and it maybe makes it like Ferguson is playing on his own. - I cant fault him for effort there but only time will tell if Le Guen has done the right thing in taking responsibility away.

Yes id like a few more players to step up and give more to the team and BF as a captain could have went with a different approach to the likes of Burke, Smith etc to make them better players rather than his outburst to Smith in the tunnel.

So if he is playing his own game then he singlehandly won the games mentioned? IMO when he plays well, he actually brings the best out of those around him. However, not even the best player in the world can get the best out of bad players on a regular basis.

It is not BF's responsibility to ensure that Svensson can head a ball, Hendami can mark a forward, that Clement can actually cross the half-way line, that Sebo can shoot and score...

It is a terrible day when Rangers fans actually shoot down a Rangers captain for 'doing to much'.

Cammy F

Guest carter001

It's not a case of shooting him down for doing too much, more that he sometimes spreads himself too thin and becomes ineffective.

For example, not scoring as many goals as he has in the past

Spot on!

However, as much as I was impressed with Barry's man of the match performance at the weekend (covering every blade of grass and playing the only telling passes of the game) I couldn't help noticing that by being everywhere his effectiveness can sometimes be limited e.g. getting the ball on our 18yrd line and trying to play to people in the midfield but really needing to collect the pass himself for it to be of any use!

I also couldn't help noticing that nobody really passes to each other (and i'm not highlighting their lack of ability!!) they all pass the ball to Fergie, regardless of how close he is to them. I think there is a bit of fear from the other players as to how he will react at hal-time/end of the game.

This, i'm sure, is part of the reason for Le Guen's actions.

My opinion is that he wants Fergie to be like the rest and stay in position and only do their job. Not the job of the other fanni*s that seem incapable of doing their own.

My feelings totally, Barry should do more by doing less.

A season ticket holder friends of mine commented that Barry has, on a couple of occasions at least, refused to pass to Sebo when he has a clear run at goal.

Sebo's not been playing that great but surely it's one of the captains responsibilities to take new players under his wing and play the right pass.

It cant do Sebo's confidence any good if the captain clearly doesn't rate him enough play the obvious pass in his direction.

I think it can be argued that we played our best football this season in the first few games of the season whilst BF wasn't playing - so it can be argued the opposite way too Cammy. I won't dispute that Rangers are a better team with him in it but I disagree, to an extent, that when he doesn't play we play poorly (certainly in those first few games).

Don't disagree there - so we are establishing that the players have responsibility, in part, for our downfall this season, right ?

Cammy F

I think I would too, just not publicly, and if it has come down to him completely disobeying orders given from the manager then that is subordination and the manager has no other option than to do what he did (these are big IF's).