Fergie stripped of captaincy

I suppose I may have jumped the gun, but there better be a good reason. How does Gavin Rae go from not getting a game to Club Captain?

I doubt he will remain as club captain for long. Maybe it means he will be replacing Fergie in the team tomorrow ?

Like Gazza says, there's obviously more to this than meets the eye. Its also an away game tomorrow and New Year's Day today, so its kind of a sneaky way of doing things to minimise the chance of protests at Ibrox IMO.

I think from what's been said, that the media believes the great majority of fans will side with Fergie.

Any way to close this thread now mods? Or merge it maybe?

well until the truth comes out I will stick my neck out and back the Manager on this one!!:thup:

Like Gazza says, there's obviously more to this than meets the eye. Its also an away game tomorrow and New Year's Day today, so its kind of a sneaky way of doing things to minimise the chance of protests at Ibrox IMO.

I don't think it is sneaky. Seems as if everything came to a head after the game the other day, PLG thought about it, called Fergie in and made his decision.

I would be pretty sure they didn't think "let's boot him out but lets make sure and do it when we have an away game and on New Year's Day just so we can minimise the flak we have to take"

Well i think its a good thing that something has happened. Nobody knows whats going on behind the scenes but im backing the manager here as he wouldnt take this drastic action for no reason.

Ive been annoyed with fergusons way of shouting at other players - ie smith.

Im baffled as to why Prso wasnt given the captaincy short term. Rae said the other day is might move for 1st team football. He doesnt even play. Hemdani would have been another decent choice.

Barry has been our best player and the driving force in our

team maybe le guen doesnt like his popularity if thats the case

well plg can leave with all his froggy mates and for

giving the captains job to Gavin Rae is a joke

Maybe le guen doesnt know the power of the Rangers

support well he is about to find out very soon

Woah woah woah there tiger! Why are you blaming PLG? You don't know the full story yet.

Drivel !

Driving force in a poor team.....

To even suggest that PLG would sack someone because he is jealous of their popularity is laughable - what a pile of nonsense.

And to then decide to have a go at PLG for being French AND having a go at the French players is stupid too.

You honestly think with DM at the helm that the support are powerful ? Aye, right