An interesting point BH. Perhaps that is an extreme example but it illustrates the point about how many youth players we have and why we should be making greater use of them. The question of whether these lads can really progress under Ally and the present coaching team is different though. I seriously think another manager would have seized the unique opportunity from the start in the 3rd division and got more out of these youth players.

Thanks and that was exactly my point. Not necessarily saying that the particular ones I've named are the best just that we are well on the way to losing a unique opportunity.

Some might argue that we wouldn't have won the SPL3 last season with the type of team I have listed but some of those who were getting a game like Hemmings and Naismith just weren't good enough.

And on the contrary few would argue that the squad we have assembled this season is overkill in terms of SPL2 at least, witness the fact that (up until last Thursday :facepalm:) we were massacring the rest of the division by an average of 4-0 or 4-1.

Good post BH.

I might disagree with some of your selections and who the experienced players might be, but if we had chosen to go this way at the start the support might have taken this on board. We would have needed a change in Manager as well IMO.

Far to late though if we have to compete in the SPL in the season after next, I read it might be 5 years before we can hope to challenge celtic, I'm not sure any Board would survive that long.

Good post BH.

I might disagree with some of your selections and who the experienced players might be, but if we had chosen to go this way at the start the support might have taken this on board. We would have needed a change in Manager as well IMO.

Far to late though if we have to compete in the SPL in the season after next, I read it might be 5 years before we can hope to challenge celtic, I'm not sure any Board would survive that long.

The harsh reality is we cant wait 5 years to challenge Celt@c who will be weakened by the time we return to the top division.

we should have most certainly tried this. i still say it would at bet have produced half the team we need to beat celtc more like 3-4 players out of 16 but it is the way we should have gone.

but it's to late now and we will need to spend big to get where we need to be.

sdm was right about the rangers fans. before he retired one of the older celtc fans in my work was forever telling me celtc fans crave success rangers fans demand it.

if our current board think they can coast along in second place they are in for a very rude awakening. the only question is will the fans riot or drift away.