ANDY LITTLE is desperate to win himself a new deal at Rangers as he seeks to keep making a name for himself at Ibrox.

The striker has become an important player to the team, having scored six times already this season and notched a total of 25 last term.

Little’s current contract expires at the end of the season, although there is an option to extend it by a further 12 months.

At this stage he is keen to do that, having established himself as a first-team regular over the last 18 months or so at Ibrox.

Little said: “I’d love to stay. I waited a long time to get my chance and in the last couple of years I’ve got a regular game.

“I’ve got to play and it has been absolutely brilliant for me. I want to stay and hopefully I can if the club wants to keep me.

“We’ve not had talks yet. My contract is up at the end of the season and the option’s there for an extra year.

“It’s going to be another couple of years before we are back in the top flight and it would be great to be back playing at that level with Rangers.”

As keen as Little is to remain a Rangers player, it seems manager Ally McCoist is every bit as eager to retain the 24-year-old.

He has often preferred to play the Northern Ireland international on the right side of midfield because of the defensive qualities he often displays.

But McCoist appreciates how effective he can be in front of goal too and added: “It would be crazy if we didn’t want to keep someone like Andy.

“Anyone who scores the number of goals he got last year and indeed has chipped in with this year is good to have in the team.

“He’s a very eventful player and there is always something going on around him when he is in and around the penalty box.

“I’m sure Andy and I and his representatives will probably sit down in the not too distant future to chat about that.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5223-little-eyes-new-deal

Guest Belt & Braces

Should Andy Little get a new deal then it would be one of the more sane and understandable decisions to come out of Ibrox of late.

He has the presence, skills and footballing intelligence to get the job done on the park, plus he can play in a number of locations. without knowing his name or anything about him I'm pretty sure that when Dick Advocaat touted the idea of a state of the art training complex, Andy Little was the type of player he envisioned coming out of it.

He's nowhere near the finished article but simply on his ability to play in multiple areas of the pitch, its like having an extra man on the park, or when he's on the bench he's like an extra 4 options.

A sound utility player who you never see in the papers coming out of the local night club with his trousers down by his ankles, a good player to have and hopefully he gets his well deserved extension.

I know I've posted this before but there's only one thing letting Little down in his game and that's his decision making and its so frustrating! 90% of his game is first class but the attempts to beast three men when a square pass to the unmarked player is the better option or a shot from an angle of about 1 degree when re-starting the attack from a better position are annoying because they don't seem to be being coached out of him.

I think he should be an automatic starter, I just think he could be even better with a bit of nous.

Seen too little of Clark, and have been impressed with Daly. Little is a touch erratic at times, but makes that up with effort and a never-say-die attitude (much like Black). I for one would rather have him in a right-sided attacking role rather than as a centre-forward, but he should certainly get a new contract.