RFC Board Statement (re: Malcolm Murray)

The other side aspire to represent Rangers and are acting no better.

Perhaps, but as they have nothing to do with the club then I don't hold them to a level of high standard. If that changes then I would be equally critical of them if deserved.

The behaviour of third parties cannot excuse the actions of the Rangers board.

I'm getting the feeling that Malcolm Murray and the statements from him and the club was trap or again the old rope a dope trick, which the board then fell into eyes wide open. That tweet from CF about Mathers appointment is just to coincidental for me.

http://t.co/2x5gWCEWiS.

Also in the board's latest statement it said:

• Mr Murray negotiated Mr Green’s compromise agreement and signed it off.

Well, one of those emails leaked tonight suggests that it was actually Ian Hart who negotiated the settlement agreements for both Green & Ahmad.

M5OX3PzF5w

I'm getting the feeling that Malcolm Murray and the statements from him and the club was trap or again the old rope a dope trick, which the board then fell into eyes wide open. That tweet from CF about Mathers appointment is just to coincidental for me.

http://t.co/2x5gWCEWiS.

Surely not, that would be underhand, unbeffiting and snide.

CF is also illegal facts/lies and often used by the rebels in an underhand, unbeffiting and snide manner.

CF is also illegal facts/lies and often used by the rebels in an underhand, unbeffiting and snide manner.

CF may be posting illegally.... But lies, I doubt that.

Seems no other an authority that Stockbridge disagrees with the stock "lies/fakes" claim

Battle for control of Glasgow Rangers set to hot up

Finance director says cash-strapped Scottish giants cannot recover in a season

By Roger Blitz, Financial Times

October 2, 2013

Glasgow: The battle for control of fallen Scottish football club Rangers, which reported an operating loss of £14.4 million (Dh85 million) for last season, is set to flare up again at the club’s annual meeting in three weeks’ time.

The board is fighting off resolutions from minority shareholders calling for the appointment of a slate of directors, including former chairman Malcolm Murray and Paul Murray, who was on the board of the old Rangers company that was liquidated last year.

Rangers said the resolutions were unlikely to be compliant with the Companies Act, and considered them “vexatious”. It said it also believed their contents were “either ineffective or frivolous”. The club’s AGM is on October 24.

Malcolm Murray, who quit the board in July after being forced out as chairman amid boardroom tensions that erupted in May, has accused Rangers of lacking financial transparency since the flotation of the club on Aim in December, which raised £22.2m.

But Brian Stockbridge, finance director, said the club’s results for the 13 months to June 30 showed the club was on track with its long-term financial plan.

Rangers reported turnover of £19.1m, and operating expenses of £33.7m. The club has in total raised £35.2m, and has a cash position of £11.2m.

“We are not going to run out of cash,” said Stockbridge, pointing to the club’s assets of its Ibrox ground and its Murray Park training facilities. “We have no bank debt,” he said.

Stockbridge said the club had been forced to lower season ticket prices and endure lower media revenues after dropping into the Scottish third division following its financial plight.

“Recovery is not going to happen in a single season,” Stockbridge said. The club is pinning its hopes on a return to the Uefa Champions League, which will take at least three years.

Rangers has been further rocked by a series of leaked confidential documents laying bare some of the boardroom tension of recent months. Stockbridge said he was able to identify some of those documents as genuine.

Asked when he expected stability to return to Rangers, Stockbridge said: “We have got an AGM on the 24th and all of us are up for re-election. At that point, shareholders can vote.

“We have had a lot of distraction...I spend more than half of my time dealing with distractions. Despite that, we have made massive strides to secure stability.”

http://m.gulfnews.com/sport/football/battle-for-control-of-glasgow-rangers-set-to-hot-up-1.1238199