Not on here, but elsewhere there's an unbelievable amount of support for Green's return. The mind boggles.

Is it that big though? RST feeds were surprisingly quiet on his return. I expected more support.

Is it that big though? RST feeds were surprisingly quiet on his return. I expected more support.

That's good news then. It worried me slightly when I visited another forum earlier and seen the amount of support for Green, but I suspect that it's a phenomenon largely confined to that board rather than a sickness across the wider fanbase. :D

Edited by Zappa
typo

That's good news then. It worried me slightly when I visited another forum earlier and seen the amount of support for Green, but I suspect that it's a phenomenon largely confined to that board rather than a sickness across the wider fanbase. :D

Using the internet at all to judge a large fan base is probably flawed but it seems complacent of you to write off RM as some mad faction simply because the RST decided not to go on a re-tweeting spree.

Green was generally always well received in his public appearances and the crowd at large never turned on him or anything even during the sour end. I wouldn't like to speculate on numbers but it's obvious he's far from universally hated ala Whyte and many of our fans still feel a rapport with him.

Haha - no prizes for guessing where that is. Personally I'd call it a sickness, a phenomenon would be sensible and civil discussions on our club.

I'd also suggest a large number of people may be somewhere neutral and in the middle where Charles is concerned.

There may be a hero worship seen for him in some places, in other places there's also a downright hate figure status used against him where I think some probably talk more kindly about Neil Lennon.

Using the internet at all to judge a large fan base is probably flawed but it seems complacent of you to write off RM as some mad faction simply because the RST decided not to go on a re-tweeting spree.

I didn't mention RM and "mad faction" is twisting what I said, but since you've done it and we know that's where I was talking about, I do think it's very clear that there's a LOT of support for Chuck over there and it does baffle me, although in fairness anyone at all who supports Charles Green baffles me because no matter how many times I read or hear reasons from yourself or others, it just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anyway, it wasn't a direct dig at RM as a forum like you've so kindly suggested because I still pop in and post there sometimes, it was a dig at the huddled Green supporters with their circling wagons and beating drums.

Green was generally always well received in his public appearances and the crowd at large never turned on him or anything even during the sour end.

No there were people in the crowd who would turn on their own fans and fire abuse at young fans before turning on Green.

I'd also suggest a large number of people may be somewhere neutral and in the middle where Charles is concerned.

I think the majority of Rangers fans just want safety, stability and for the club to be getting run by people they think they can trust. That being the case, I doubt very much indeed if there's a large number of neutrals regarding Green because there's no way a significant number of our fans could be stupid enough to even consider trusting that man.

I didn't mention RM and "mad faction" is twisting what I said, but since you've done it and we know that's where I was talking about, I do think it's very clear that there's a LOT of support for Chuck over there and it does baffle me, although in fairness anyone at all who supports Charles Green baffles me because no matter how many times I read or hear reasons from yourself or others, it just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anyway, it wasn't a direct dig at RM as a forum like you've so kindly suggested because I still pop in and post there sometimes, it was a dig at the huddled Green supporters with their circling wagons and beating drums.

Oh come on Zappa, i'm not saying it was a nasty or bad natured dig but it was a clear dig.

I equally have the same bafflement towards those who seem to simply hate Green after the good he did us. I don't expect everyone to have as much good feeling for him as I do, I totally accept that there's criticism to be thrown at him. But we have a fair bit to thank him for that makes him worthy of even grudging respect and it amazes me that many probably have more respect for Neil Lennon than him. If you mean by wagons and drums that people gang up on those with a different opinion, well you can throw that at both sides. On a certain other forum I see folk getting called all sorts if they dare mention Green and a positive word in the same sentence.

No there were people in the crowd who would turn on their own fans and fire abuse at young fans before turning on Green.

Slightly lost there.

I think the majority of Rangers fans just want safety, stability and for the club to be getting run by people they think they can trust. That being the case, I doubt very much indeed if there's a large number of neutrals regarding Green because there's no way a significant number of our fans could be stupid enough to even consider trusting that man.

I felt we were having a rather friendly (as friendly as it can be) debate on all this but you're turning a bit hostile simply because a differing opinion to yours exists in fairly large numbers.