I don't expect everyone to have as much good feeling for him as I do, I totally accept that there's criticism to be thrown at him. But we have a fair bit to thank him for that makes him worthy of even grudging respect and it amazes me that many probably have more respect for Neil Lennon than him.

I doubt there's many people here who have more respect for Lennon than Green and it's a completely pointless comparison to my mind.

The only thing I can remember feeling compelled to thank Charles Green for is agreeing to leave back in April.

I doubt there's many people here who have more respect for Lennon than Green and it's a completely pointless comparison to my mind.

The only thing I can remember feeling compelled to thank Charles Green for is agreeing to leave back in April.

It's a comparison to make a point about the hate figure he seems to have become for some, I wasn't being literal.

I felt we were having a rather friendly (as friendly as it can be) debate on all this but you're turning a bit hostile simply because a differing opinion to yours exists in fairly large numbers.

If by being truthful it comes across that way, then I might have to consider hiding my true feelings and not being honest. I hate doing that, but sometimes there's no option.

If by being truthful it comes across that way, then I might have to consider hiding my true feelings and not being honest. I hate doing that, but sometimes there's no option.

Interesting, but you are an administrator of a forum that heavily promotes calm sensible debate. I was trying to offer something of a balance and compromise when mentioning fans being in the middle but you couldn't accept that and threw in the line about people being 'stupid'. It's not that i'm a sensitive soul but in a debating sense how am I meant to take that?

Interesting, but you are an administrator of a forum that heavily promotes calm sensible debate. I was trying to offer something of a balance and compromise when mentioning fans being in the middle but you couldn't accept that and threw in the line about people being 'stupid'. It's not that i'm a sensitive soul but in a debating sense how am I meant to take that?

You're missing out the fact that my stupidity comment was based on hypothetical and unreal circumstances though, so it's not as if it was a direct criticism of anyone.

You're missing out the fact that my stupidity comment was based on hypothetical and unreal circumstances though, so it's not as if it was a direct criticism of anyone.

Except it's not hypothetical and unreal to suggest that a significant number of our fans would consider trusting Green, they clearly did when he was here and there is no overwhelming evidence to suggest that the majority turned against him.

I felt we were having a rather friendly (as friendly as it can be) debate on all this but you're turning a bit hostile simply because a differing opinion to yours exists in fairly large numbers.

I have to come back to this point btw because it's making me smile. I find it interesting that when you're in Vegas (let's call it that rather than name forums) you're a completely different character who's quite hostile and abusive to other people who don't share your views, yet you come on here and profess to be a balanced voice of reason? Not exactly consistent sir!

Never for his role in buying/rescuing the club? Never for the share issue? Never for his defenses of the club? Never for his fan interaction?

There's debate on how well he did all those things I know but you never even felt slightly compelled to thank him for those things?

I have to come back to this point btw because it's making me smile. I find it interesting that when you're in Vegas (let's call it that rather than name forums) you're a completely different character who's quite hostile and abusive to other people who don't share your views, yet you come on here and profess to be a balanced voice of reason? Not exactly consistent sir!

I'm sure you'd agree Vegas has a largely different tone to this forum, members have been banned on here for things that likely wouldn't even get them warning in Vegas. A busier place like that one also has an awful lot more trolls and Celtic fans on the wind up. Also I have to accept i'm in a minority of about one here when it comes to a particular topic, so I just have to try and stick to the forum guidelines and debate it sensibly, which I believe includes trying to find some sort of common ground and compromise. Hence why I may seem like i'm trying to be a 'voice of reason', especially over issues which are in the main speculative and impossible to prove either way.