I haven't got a blasé approach, but if people are complaining about Green yet think that there's little wrong with our football costs then i'd suggest it's more the individual rather than the money they're concerned about.

At around 30% of turnover I think our football costs in the player wages department are pretty sound. If we're losing money while our players do the necessary job, it's the rest of the expenditure we should be looking at as disproportionate to our income - like unnecessary and unqualified consultants.

I think you are mistaken.

The squad may be 30 but how many of those are really youths ? As can be seen the club won't sign Pandza because it is put with the budget. We also must act like the SPL club we truly are. Or you prescribe to clear outs each year till we get to the SPL ?

However... Why do we need Green for shareholder relations and capital structure ? Stockbridge with his background should be able to do the latter and, as BD says, he former isn't a difficult role to fulfill.

Youths played a part in last year's win and got new contracts so only right they count as first team. Why do we need to act like a SPL club? Living beyond our needs and means was the problem before, when we were chasing CL glory and never coming close. Of course I don't want us to just be the same as the opposition but look at last season, we played probably some of the worst football Rangers have ever played yet still won the league by a landslide. These teams are rotten, they are part time and it should not take much spending of our resources to win leagues like this easily. Even if we can afford it why not save money for when we really need to spend it to try and compete for the top league?

I don't want clear out each year but we already seem to be having one this summer, and few of the players we've brought in are experienced competing at the top end of the SPL so I won't be shocked to see more clear outs in the near future.

I'm not entirely sure how necessary Green's role is, it's up to the board to decide. Thing is if a football club is really struggling financially it's nearly always the effect of overspending on the footballing side rather than boardroom salaries.

At around 30% of turnover I think our football costs in the player wages department are pretty sound. If we're losing money while our players do the necessary job, it's the rest of the expenditure we should be looking at as disproportionate to our income - like unnecessary and unqualified consultants.

What job the players do is irrelevant, our players regularly did a good job under Murray but it didn't change the fact we were spending too much on them. Not to mention players that are sitting in the stand, which there will be a few of this season unless we start trimming down. It's uncertain what our turnover is right now so even if your 30% is correct I don't see how that's especially reassuring, plus the inescapable fact again that we are playing in a part time division, so 30+ players just isn't necessary. Don't forget our coaching staff are on top flight wages as well.

Football costs are where football clubs spend most money, if there's serious financial trouble then boardroom consultants is far from the main place to be looking.

Save money for when we really need it.... Like lining Chuck's pockets a second time ?

This summer's clear out makes sense given we started last pre-season with just 6 players and understandably were panic signing just to have a team.

No, the reason they struggle is because of financial mismanagement across the company.... And paying Green 720k as CEO in what was a one horse race was financial mismanagement of the highest order..... I wonder who presided over that.... Oh aye, our new consultant...

What job the players do is irrelevant, our players regularly did a good job under Murray but it didn't change the fact we were spending too much on them. Not to mention players that are sitting in the stand, which there will be a few of this season unless we start trimming down. It's uncertain what our turnover is right now so even if your 30% is correct I don't see how that's especially reassuring, plus the inescapable fact again that we are playing in a part time division, so 30+ players just isn't necessary. Don't forget our coaching staff are on top flight wages as well.

Football costs are where football clubs spend most money, if there's serious financial trouble then boardroom consultants is far from the main place to be looking.

Maybe we should have been looking at the boardroom in general when Chuck was at the helm though.. No ? Wouldn't have fit in would it....

Our turnover was what, 20 mill ? And we paid almost 4% of that turnover to Green alone. He got paid the equivalent of an experienced internationalist, not including his shares, and just what did we actually get from him as a CEO ?

Our financial predicament still looms, and much of that we're from HIS policies !!!

People are paying for their ticket price to watch the team and you want to tell them say only 15% goes towards that team while a large chunk goes on erroneous consultancy fees and other strange expenditure? Sorry, I really don't know where you're coming from. Rangers fans are paying to see the team not Charles Green, there are other costs involved but they want a decent chunk spent on a decent enough team rather than just enough to win the league - with a huge risk of not doing so.

You're arguing against yourself by condoning Green's wages and pay-offs and again when you comment on how bad the team was to watch.