Rangers - 'By Official Appointment'

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/4582-gers-announce-by-official-appointment

RANGERS Football Club has announced a new Rangers Business Alliance commercial initiative - By Official Appointment (BOA) â?? a first for a Scottish football club.

Rangers is the first Scottish football club to introduce â??By Official Appointmentâ?? to bring together a family of businesses under one common banner with the purpose of generating revenue and sharing best practice.

Rangers Manager Ally McCoist fully supports the initiative and was pictured with the Clubâ??s Commercial Business Manager Raj Athwal and Derek Bond â?? Founder and Managing Director of Squareknot, and the first person to sign up for the initiative.

Raj said: â??Within Glasgow and across Scotland it has been recognised that there is a group of businesses who share two important characteristics - they are very good at what they do and would benefit from a closer relationship with Rangers Football Club.

â??Ultimately the BOA programme is aimed at bringing together local and regional businesses and loyal Rangers fans, in order to generate more business and help our supporters receive the best possible service from local businesses.

"By having the opportunity to gain access to our loyal supporters, this will enable our BOA partners to increase their customer base and net sales.

â??We encourage organisations and representatives from all types of businesses â?? from painter & decorators, to restaurants, recruitment firms, financial services and blue chip companies â?? to use the BOA to engage with each other as the opportunities for businesses to expand their networking and ultimately revenue streams are enormous.â?

Ally McCoist commented: â??Rangers is much more than a football club and we are very proud to launch the â??By Official Appointmentâ?? initiative that will help bring this 141-year-old institution closer to businesses in the local and wider community.

â??Businesses who sign up and support the BOA will also help the Club develop and progress commercially and I have no doubt Raj and the team will cultivate good business relations around the country to the benefit of all parties involved.â?

Derek Bond commented: â??I was very enthusiastic about this initiative from the start as I have always thought there was a huge opportunity for Rangers to work closely with the business community in developing mutually beneficial links which have not always been exploited. Creating â??By Official Appointmentâ?? is a major step towards maximising this opportunity.

â??I am particularly enthusiastic about the business networking events that will give me the opportunity to promote Squareknot to all of the other alliance members, as well as all the other marketing opportunities that come within the membersâ?? benefits package.

"For me it is a complete win-win situation as Rangers profit financially and all the businesses get an opportunity to benefit from the wide range of promotional initiatives that are included within the programme.�

For further details or to register your interest please click here or contact the club's Commercial department on: 0871 702 1972 (option 2). Alternatively you can contact Raj via e-mail at rajathwal@rangers.co.uk