Can McAusland win a start at def mid?

Guest nvager

I'm not so sure,Ally is no mug,he will pick the best team available and if that includes Jig then so be it.

The jury is still out on that one for me. The posts about our pre-season when we were in Europe I offer as evidence.

He'll be shoe horned in somewhere and he's far to slow to play up front ahead of Daly and Clark.

And that's a major problem for Ally because Jig's best position is probably up front. You only need to look at the number of goals he scored last season to see it. There's no way on this earth though, that Jig is the best option to play in midfield because he simply doesn't have the legs to do the running required. Then there's defense and well, to put it politely, Jig just is not a defender. He can do a shift there, but he's not a defender.

if ally has any sense he will only play him if he's better than daly as the target man or if daly is out.

Got to agree, but I predict that we'll see a lot of games with Jig shoe-horned in as some of us are predicting. Ally arguably has a good excuse for it though because ultimately Jig is the captain and he can be quite a motivating character on the park at times.

Jig will always be a legend after last summer but I thought it was asking a bit much when he got a new contract taking him up to his 37th birthday in two years time. Does anyone genuinely believe he'll still be challenging for a first team place up til then ?

I think Jig gets far too much stick from Rangers fans,well on gersnet anyway,the man was a giant for us last season and also ended up with 25 goals,I think?, we will need his experience again this season,the younger guys respect him and this is vital to their development having someone like Jig to help them along.

I expect McCulloch will get the shout early on because of the trialist rules so we'll need to wait till there's a full compliment to know for sure.

unfortunately for jig I genuinely don't think he'll be in Ally's first choice eleven after SEPT01. I do think Ally has recruited well so far & if we get the CB's sorted out then there's no reason we can't win both the LC & SC this season.