The Second Division side, who again fielded Bosnian defender Belil Moshni as a trialist, were made to work by their Third Division opponents, who took points from the Gers last season at Ibrox and had to rely on Fraser Airdâ??s 62nd-minute goal.

Ally McCoist, the Rangers manager, fielded two different sides in each half, with new boys Cammy Bell, Nicky Law, Nicky Clark, Ricky Foster and Jon Daly all getting game time. A crowd of 2,382 was in attendance.

Meanwhile, Arnold Peralta last night vowed to inspire Rangers back into the top flight of Scottish football â?? and help them win the title back from Celtic.

The Honduras international, who has signed a four-year contract, said he is completely unfazed at having to play in the Second Division this season.

Midfielder Peralta promised to make his countrymen proud by becoming a success at Ibrox.

But he risked the wrath of his new fans by claiming it will be an â??honourâ? to meet up with Emilio Izaguirre after his countrymanâ??s title and Champions League exploits with Celtic.

Peralta, 24, has flown in to link up with Ally McCoistâ??s squad after leaving home- country club Deportivo Vida.

â??I pledge to the entire Honduran nation that I will help Rangers return to the Scottish Premier League,â? Peralta declared.

â??I will then fight to help them win the league title once again.

â??I want to represent my country well. I am going over with a winning mentality, and I hope to settle in quickly and earn a place in the Rangers first team.

â??Rangers have countless fans, and they have won countless trophies. Even though they are not in the SPL right now it still means a lot to play for them, and anyone would want to join them.

â??The time has come for me to go over to Scotland. I am happy to do so, as this is an opportunity anyone would relish.

â??I am going for four seasons. The first year will be crucial, and I will do all I can to win the managerâ??s trust.

â??I havenâ??t stopped working over the summer, and I am in good shape.

â??I had possibilities to join other clubs in Honduras, but I could not pass up the chance to join Rangers. Every player wants to go abroad if they can.

â??I will return at some point, as Olimpia and Motagua are two clubs I have always admired.

â??I plan to get in touch with Emilio Izaguirre when I am in Glasgow. I hope to spend time with him.

â??He is a great friend, and a terrific guy. We will be in the same city, albeit with different clubs that hate one another.

â??But it will be an honour to speak to him. He is a title winner, who has played in the Champions League.

â??Leaving home is very emotional for me. I will be sad to leave my family behind, but happy to be taking a new step as a player.

â??I hope to bring my girlfriend over, as it is not easy to live alone.

â??Glasgow is a beautiful city to live in, and Rangers are a great club. Their fans showered me with good-luck messages from the moment they heard I was joining them.

â??I will work hard in pre- season to get my chance. I hope to adapt quickly.

â??I know what Rangers stand for in Scotland. They are one of the countryâ??s biggest clubs, and it is an honour to be part of them.

â??It is my aim to return to the top division with them.â?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ives-1-2997098

Edit/Delete Message

Guest nvager

I hope Peralta is our new Gatusso!

That would be a surprise to many!

As long as he has plenty of energy and gets stuck in he will do ok. Add a little football ability and he will do well.

Hope it works out ok.

]I hope Peralta is our new Gatusso![/b]

That would be a surprise to many!

As long as he has plenty of energy and gets stuck in he will do ok. Add a little football ability and he will do well.

Hope it works out ok.

I hope he is better then Gatusso. I was never a great fan of Gattuso when he played for Rangers. Aye he has done well in his career,more than most, but for me I always thought he was over rated!. But I guess that is the beauty of football.

Guest nvager
I hope he is better then Gatusso. I was never a great fan of Gattuso when he played for Rangers. Aye he has done well in his career,more than most, but for me I always thought he was over rated!. But I guess that is the beauty of football.

He is a CL and World Cup winner- must have been ok dont you think?

He is a CL and World Cup winner- must have been ok dont you think?

Aye, not disputing that mate. Just was never my favourite, not trying to down him, I really just thought he was vastly over rated. Obviously I'm wrong!.