James Easdale appointed director

What was Al Capone jailed for?

Frank J. Wilson investigated Capone's income tax violations, which the government decided was more likely material for a conviction. In 1931 Capone was indicted for income tax evasion and various violations of the Volstead Act (Prohibition) at the Chicago Federal Building in the courtroom of Judge James Herbert Wilkerson.

What is the link or relevance outside the obvious word tax. Just because someone is a tax dodger does not mean they are a gangster or an evil person. I give you Sir David Murray.

No it isnt.

Your previous post suggested that financially all is well due to the fact we have been signing players. SC and I have shown you previous where we went on similar spending sprees and all was clearly far from well financially at the club.

If you think that all is rosy because we are spending a bunch of money then that is your prerogative - I personally will remain healthily suspicious of our financial circumstance presently.

You're putting words in my mouth there. It was pretty much being suggested we're on the brink as these guys all want to take so much money out, yet money is being given out to all these signings so just how much money is even there for them to take out?

Yes what you say about Whyte is correct but it seems he was aiming for an administration scenario from the start in order to try and buy us back quickly, is that seriously likely to be the case with any of the current lot?

I don't believe all is rosy but I don't believe we're heading for armageddon either.

Frank J. Wilson investigated Capone's income tax violations, which the government decided was more likely material for a conviction. In 1931 Capone was indicted for income tax evasion and various violations of the Volstead Act (Prohibition) at the Chicago Federal Building in the courtroom of Judge James Herbert Wilkerson.

What is the link or relevance outside the obvious word tax. Just because someone is a tax dodger does not mean they are a gangster or an evil person. I give you Sir David Murray.

It wasn't a simple VAT fraud it involved charging VAT on stolen computer parts and he was convicted both of the VAT fraud and selling stolen computer parts,

If we apply your logic to Al Capone then he wasn't a gangster either.

You're putting words in my mouth there. It was pretty much being suggested we're on the brink as these guys all want to take so much money out, yet money is being given out to all these signings so just how much money is even there for them to take out?

Yes what you say about Whyte is correct but it seems he was aiming for an administration scenario from the start in order to try and buy as back quickly, is that seriously likely to the case with any of the current lot?

I don't believe all is rosy but I don't believe we're heading for armageddon either.

Almost 40000 season ticket books worth of money? Surely over £10m.

It wasn't a simple VAT fraud it involved charging VAT on stolen computer parts and he was convicted both of the VAT fraud and selling stolen computer parts,

If we apply your logic to Al Capone then he wasn't a gangster either.

What logic?

That's our main working capital source though, so unless they are actually planning to put us out of business they can't touch much of that.

We have around £7m left from the IPO too which we have pissed up against a wall with nothing to show for it, that won't last much longer either. The Rangers board have always been masters of making money disappear, why change the habit of a lifetime? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We have around £7m left from the IPO too which we have pissed up against a wall with nothing to show for it, that won't last much longer either. The Rangers board have always been masters of making money disappear, why change the habit of a lifetime? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Indeed, all I mean is at least a large chunk of it all will be going to running costs, otherwise we'd be bust again.