New SPFL Structures voted through: 12-10-10-10

You know we might look back on this decision one day as one of the better ones even if it doesn't feel like it just now.

What has actually happened today? Well the power of the SPL cabal has been diluted and I expect it to be further diluted in the coming seasons. No way will the mid-ranking clubs allow the larger clubs to rule with impunity again. Everyone is round the table now and all voices will need to be listened too. I also expect we'll see further fairly radical league restructuring soon too. The SFL clubs have agreed this so they can get a say in the future and their future looks quite different from Aberdeen and Celtics. I'd be very surprised if we don't have a significantly bigger top division in a couple of years.

Money wise a more even spread is actually in our interests too. The more competitive the league the better the league I believe.

I thought we were only associate members of the SFL?

That essentially was my question. What sort of status will we get in the SPFL? Will they vote us in straight away? I would assume not.

Sidenote, the 22 players aboe 21-years limit is gone too, I suppose ... so that's possibly a reason for any immediate talks with Berra and Zaliukas (if any).

You know we might look back on this decision one day as one of the better ones even if it doesn't feel like it just now.

What has actually happened today?....

What has happened is simple. The SPL and SPL fans illegally kicked us out, then celebrated wildly. Then they realised that despite all the millions they'd stolen from us, they still needed more. So they blackmailed the SFL into committing suicide so that they can have the triple whammy of:

Rangers banished..but still:

Keeping Rangers generated money

Keeping Rangers under total control when "they eventually return no matter how hard we make it for them to do so".

We have been done over like a kipper and no, we will never look back on it as one of the better ones, we have been and are slaves to masters who enjoy abusing us - today made it official for even longer.

Edited by SteveC

What has happened is simple. The SPL and SPL fans illegally kicked us out, then celebrated wildly, Then they realised that despite all the millions they'd stolen from us, they still needed more. So they blackmailed the SFL into committing suicide so that they can have the triple whammy of:

Rangers banished..but still:

Keeping Rangers generated money

Keeping Rangers under total control when they eventually return no matter how hard we make it.

We have been done over like a kipper and no, we will never look back on it as one of the better ones, we have been and are slaves to masters who enjoy abusing us - today made it official for even longer.

On the contrary, I think this proved how much they really need us, and when our voice returns we'll have a number of backers at the table now that we didn't have in the SPL. We're not much worse off now than we were last week. This will help the SPL clubs but it won't save them, they've still a ton of work to do and it won't clear the debts being held by Aberdeen, Hearts, Killie, Utd or ICT either.

Remember we're still rebuilding our club, the others haven't even begun that process yet.

That essentially was my question. What sort of status will we get in the SPFL? Will they vote us in straight away? I would assume not.

Sidenote, the 22 players aboe 21-years limit is gone too, I suppose ... so that's possibly a reason for any immediate talks with Berra and Zaliukas (if any).

Are they being mooted as our centre back partnership? I'd take that in a jiffy.

On the contrary, I think this proved how much they really need us, and when our voice returns we'll have a number of backers at the table now that we didn't have in the SPL. We're not much worse off now than we were last week. This will help the SPL clubs but it won't save them, they've still a ton of work to do and it won't clear the debts being held by Aberdeen, Hearts, Killie, Utd or ICT either.

Remember we're still rebuilding our club, the others haven't even begun that process yet.

Gosh, I missed that. All I saw was us on the front pages as the biggest laughing stock imaginable with directors being caught: lying, stealing, posting foul mouthed abuse on dubious fans forums, posting videos of our chairman drunk, leaking info to MSM and social networks that hate RFC, voting on to the Board known gangsters and convicted criminals, having to resign for lying, making racist comments, spunking the IPO with no progress to show for it....dragging us to the brink of another Rhegan investigation as to the legality of our status. Wow, some rebuilding process - the others must be so jealous.

Overall, I think it was probably best that this went through. I have concerns though and I trust the club will be making robust enquiries about this apparent sudden changing of the goalposts, with regards to our ability to play trialists.

All I see is the SFL sold out and now we have a takeover leaving Doncaster steering the sinking ship.

There is no change structure wise yet but these sneaks will have something up their sleaves to generate money to so called bigger SPL sides.

All we can do is get on with it by winning Div 2 this coming season.