Foster never let us down during his time with us and I thought he was another player whose fitness and attitude was spot on. Ok, so not a world beater, but you need guys like that in your squad and our defence would be more solid with him in it.

Is Andy Webster there to maybe pick up some flip flops he left in the sauna from before? Can't be any other reason for the wage thief to be at Auchenhowie surely?

Foster was a liability and another footballer who cannot pass the ball 5 yards or more. We have enough of them. More dross to an already huge squad. I have a fantastic attitude, can i get a game?

This may be further indication that McCoist will try to move Lee Wallace on.

Don't know if it means anything but todays training pics show Smith wearing the number 3 jersey.

Others spotted:

Bell - 1

Argyriou - 2

Cribari - 4

Wallace - 5

Little - 7

Black - 8

Macleod - 10

Don't know if it means anything but todays training pics show Smith wearing the number 3 jersey.

Others spotted:

Bell - 1

Argyriou - 2

Cribari - 4

Wallace - 5

Little - 7

Black - 8

Macleod - 10

Nicky Clark had 21 - Now that the spl has taken over the sfl, anyone know if the players will have a 'squad number' instead of 1-11 on match days?

Foster never let us down during his time with us and I thought he was another player whose fitness and attitude was spot on. Ok, so not a world beater, but you need guys like that in your squad and our defence would be more solid with him in it.

Is Andy Webster there to maybe pick up some flip flops he left in the sauna from before? Can't be any other reason for the wage thief to be at Auchenhowie surely?

Totally agree on both points. Foster could have been remembered a little more fondly if he had scored that chance against Valencia but in my opinion he was solid and reliable.

As for Webster as soon as he sees a blue shirt he'll be at the docs about 5 minutes later. Massive no no. Can play a whole season and POTY for Dundee Utd then cant kick a ball for us eh Naw

There were two rumours about Webster (who's only 31 which I didn't realise) as I remember...

One was that it was all "mental" issues with him and that there were no physical issues.

The second was that it was all down to payments due to him in his contract which were never forthcoming.

Given how much he played at Hearts, does that rule out number 1?

As for Craig Gordon, surely we're not thinking of signing him, even if Alexander does go?

Rangers manager Ally McCoist targets a defender

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has targeted a defender as he seeks to bolster his squad further ahead of the new season.

The Light Blues boss has added goalkeeper Cammy Bell, Nicky Law, Arnold Peralta, Jon Daly, Stevie Smith and Nicky Clark to his squad for their forthcoming Second Division campaign.

But McCoist is still on a quest for new blood, telling RangersTV: "I'm delighted with the signings we have made.

"We would still like to strengthen, especially in the centre back area - that would be ideal. When you look back to last season we were very light up front at times.

"We have brought in big Jon and Nicky who are proven centre forwards and hopefully will prove to be good goal-scorers for us too.

"I would still like to add another body in that area but these two will certainly strengthen the striking department.

"We have Nicky Law and Arnold Peralta who will strengthen the middle of the park - although Arnold is not with us yet due to World Cup action with Honduras - so we are in reasonable shape.

"Hopefully we will get Arnold over shortly so that he can have a look at the place and the players and also have a look around for a place to stay.

"Then we will let him have a few weeks off to spend time with his family because his fitness is fine as he has been playing over the summer."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8791150/?

Foster was a liability and another footballer who cannot pass the ball 5 yards or more. We have enough of them. More dross to an already huge squad. I have a fantastic attitude, can i get a game?

Wonder which early days Aberdeen games you refer to?

BTW ...

Richard Foster set to hold talks over return to Rangers from Bristol City

STV 24 June 2013 18:14 BST

Richard Foster is set to hold talks with Rangers over a return on a free transfer.

STV understands Ally McCoist is keen to bring the defender back to Ibrox as he targets at least two more signings for the club's Second Division campaign.

Foster currently has a year left to run on his deal with Bristol City, who were relegated from the English Championship at the end of the 2012/13 season.

That means the 27-year-old would have to negotiate an exit from that contract prior to the close of the summer window in order to join Rangers.

The Ibrox side are banned from registering new players until September 1 and only players who are without a club at the end of the window can join another team outwith of the registration period.

Should Rangers bid to buy the player from Bristol City they would not be able to complete his registration until January 1, 2014 and he would be unable to play as a trialist.

Foster spent a season on loan with Rangers in the 2010/11 season from Aberdeen, playing in the Champions League under Walter Smith and making a total of 24 appearances.

He played 294 times for Aberdeen either side of his stint in Glasgow before moving to Bristol City in the summer of 2012, where he made 51 appearances.

STV