Moving to Gers will change my life..

Allyâ??s spy mission meant the world to me

ARNOLD PERALTA looked up to the stands in Panama City and knew Rangers boss Ally McCoist had flown over 5,000 miles to watch him in action.

The 23-year-old felt immense pride as he and his Honduras team-mates battled in their World Cup qualifying tie.

The pain of a 2-0 defeat by Panamaâ??s rising stars â?? now ranked 38th in the world and a massive 39 places ahead of Scotland â?? was hard to take.

Peralta, though, had the consolation of knowing heâ??d been watched by a coach desperate to offer him the deal of his dreams and a free transfer out of Club Deportivo Vida this summer.

This afternoon, while Third Division champions Rangers face an Ibrox clash with Clyde, the man who could be the heartbeat of their team next season will be a world away.

SunSport exclusively revealed last week that the deal to bring Peralta to Glasgow was 90 per cent complete.

The Honduras star confirmed our story and has started to make plans for the biggest move of his life.

He said: â??The fact Mr McCoist made the effort to fly to see me play in Panama, all the way from Scotland, makes me feel rewarded.

â??That means I am doing a good job so far in my career.

â??If Mr McCoist made a long trip from Scotland to Panama to watch me in action, it is because he has good references about me.

â??For me, going to Rangers will change my whole life. It will be an opportunity to improve as a player, to learn another language, experience another life in another country and to fight for championships.â? Defensive midfielder Peralta canâ??t wait to make the move to Ibrox where he will be joined by Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell, who has agreed a pre-contract.

Gers are also trying to sign Motherwell midfielder Nicky Law and Dundee United striker Jon Daly.

Peralta added: â??At the present time, it is only a few minor details to be agreed between Rangers and my agents to make my dream come true.

â??I know the negotiations are at an advanced stage. They know I will be a free player this summer.

â??There are a few small financial details to be settled and I hope very soon I will be signing the contract with Rangers.

â??I have to say I am now dreaming every day about Rangers and Scotland.

â??Itâ??s incredible motivation for me if I make this step in my career. Despite Rangers not playing in the Premier League, without any doubts they are a historic club in Scotland.

â??I have read on the internet that many important players internationally like Brian Laudrup and Paul Gascoigne played for them and I would love to be part of the history of Rangers.

â??I felt even happier last weekend when I was on the internet and I read a few quotes from the Rangers coach who is thinking about me seriously.â?

SunSport understands that Gers have been working closely with agency BASE Soccer to make the Peralta deal happen. The playerâ??s agent Eduardo Perez Monte is now poised to agree the contract that will make his client an Ibrox player.

Peralta said: â??I have been told my game will suit the Scottish game. I am the type of player who likes to work hard on the pitch. I give 100 per cent in every game.

â??Luckily, I can play in two different positions. I can play as a right-back or I can play in the middle of the pitch as a defensive midfielder.

â??I have a decent technique with the ball at my feet and I am not scared to take risks by going forward to make a cross.

â??I am a player with a fighting spirit and I am sure Rangers fans will love to see me running and fighting for every ball.â?

Honduran national coach Luis Fernando Suarez is in Scotland this weekend for talks with Celtic left-back Emilio Izaguirre and Hibs star Jorge Claros. He wants to check on the playersâ?? form and fitness ahead of crucial games against the United States, Costa Rica and Jamaica in June as he plots qualification for the World Cup in Brazil next year.

Suarez will watch Claros when the Hibees face Falkirk in the last four of the Scottish Cup today and will then run the rule over Izaguirre against Dundee United tomorrow.

Peraltaâ??s Gers switch will change the lives of his entire family. His dad Carlos Arnold works in a hospital pharmacy, while mum Miriam Felina Sofa is a school secretary.

He has always had their support with his football, with sisters Carla and Zaida and brother Carlos Ricardo also right behind him.

He said: â??I am from a poor family background like most of the footballers in my country before they start kicking a ball. I am the smallest child of four children and salaries in Honduras are very low. While they were working, I was trying to play football and become a professional player.

â??Thanks to their hard work my two sisters are now teachers and my brother is in charge of looking after our house.

â??With my salary as a footballer I have been able to help my father and mother with bills and other things in the house.

â??I am a very lucky person because they are still alive and they have enjoyed my career as a player with Club Deportivo Vida and Honduras.

â??Now I hope they can enjoy life even more if I move to Rangers.

â??Despite not having a lot of money, my parents fought very hard to raise the entire family. God now is giving me an opportunity to pay back all the efforts of my parents.â?