Ally confirms it's 55 and counting.

Guest Geo the Ger

Guest Geo the Ger

Ally McCoist: "It's definitely title 55 - I don't think there is any doubt about that. In terms of major championships, it's not one of those. But you can only win what's in front of you and I hope it's title 56 next year." :lover:

Cynical person might say he's trying to play up his achievements. :D

A neutral observer might wonder why McCoist has to answer this type of question.

For the record I don't count it as number 55 and I doubt McCoist really does either. He probably just doesn't want to give the party poopers the time of day.

It's another league title...why not 55?

Got to laugh at the mob who discredit this title along with the other doubters after paying good money.

Our titles aren't taken seriously around the world of football because of where we play. So this is up there with the rest.

But you'll always get those who say this isn't 55 because it's not really a league.

We should just pack up and go home, all those Scottish cups and League cups don't mean a thing either, and the ECWC doesn't count as well cos' it isn't big ears.

55 league titles won...who says otherwise?

It is 55 Titles what ever way you look at it.

Titles = how many leagues you win.

Scottish Titles remain at 54. Thats the number we count. When we when the SPL again (and we will) it will be 55+1

It's another league title...why not 55?

Got to laugh at the mob who discredit this title along with the other doubters after paying good money.

Our titles aren't taken seriously around the world of football because of where we play. So this is up there with the rest.

But you'll always get those who say this isn't 55 because it's not really a league.

We should just pack up and go home, all those Scottish cups and League cups don't mean a thing either, and the ECWC doesn't count as well cos' it isn't big ears.

55 league titles won...who says otherwise?

I've changed your forum username from 54andcounting to 55andcounting. :thup:

Scottish Titles remain at 54. Thats the number we count. When we when the SPL again (and we will) it will be 55+1

Unlike our Emergency War League, Southern League and Glasgow League title wins the Div3 title does count towards Domestic League wins so that number is now 55, but we still have only 54 Scottish League Championship wins.