Stars set to return

We probably could in the SPL and with European football but it would be madness otherwise - IPO monies or not.

Ergo, as it stands we can't afford them so I'd expect both to agree to mutually terminate their contracts in the next month or two.

If reported figures are to be believed, Alexander cost us roughly that wage this season. We thank him for his service when he turns his nose up at an extension and yet expect two foreign players who showed the same 'loyalty' to just tear up their contracts?

Or would we prefer to spend almost the equivilant of one of those salaries to pay both of them off and see nothing in return?

An alternative (especially in the case of Boca) might be to try and negotiate an extension which is structured in a similar less pay now more later fashion to Sandaza's contract.

If reported figures are to be believed, Alexander cost us roughly that wage this season. We thank him for his service when he turns his nose up at an extension and yet expect two foreign players who showed the same 'loyalty' to just tear up their contracts?

Or would we prefer to spend almost the equivilant of one of those salaries to pay both of them off and see nothing in return?

An alternative (especially in the case of Boca) might be to try and negotiate an extension which is structured in a similar less pay now more later fashion to Sandaza's contract.

Difficult to do in Boca's instance given that we probably wont be back at the top for another 2 or 3 years - and when allied to Boca's age he would be, what, 37 when we get back up ? Not sure he would want to sign such an escalating deal given his advancing years - no harm in asking though I guess :D

Difficult to do in Boca's instance given that we probably wont be back at the top for another 2 or 3 years - and when allied to Boca's age he would be, what, 37 when we get back up ? Not sure he would want to sign such an escalating deal given his advancing years - no harm in asking though I guess :D

I'd assume when you suggest 3 more years to reach the top that you're referring to Europe Craig :D

Boca will be 34 this season coming. By the time we're ready to launch an attack on the SPL title he'd be 36 which is the same age Weir was when we brought him up from Everton. Obviously Weir is an exception, but I'd still like to think we could get another 2 or 3 good years out of Boca.

He's made no secret of how much he likes life at Rangers and I don't think he'll be short of a few bob so I suppose it might come down to how much he wants to keep playing